Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 316 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Great Car
By Chitown

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car was a dealer demo but with only 1,600 miles on it when purchased it was basically new. I love the fact that it is a 5 star safety rated sedan. I get 26mph on the hwy and 22 around town. The Continuously Variable Transmission once you know how it works is great. Get to speed and let off the gas a little and the RPM's fall giving you the added fuel economy for such a large sedan. It looks good, is very comfortable to drive and the trunk is large enough to carry luggage for a family of four on a weeks vacation. I have 54,000 miles with no trouble except two turn signal lights. I recommend this car two everyone who is looking for a family sedan and would buy it again.

CVT, power seats, wife and daughter loves the adjustable pedals, dual climate control, and reverse warning signal

An Unsung Gem
By shotsy

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Press had lower reviews for power and styling of this car, but I like it. The Limited version looks very nice from all angles. Body is solid. You can tell the door and panel structure is well engineered (doesn't have that paper thin feeling). The power is fine for me as I don't view it as a sports car. Interior is very clean looking (no unnecessary clutter on dash or console). This car is an excellent choice for taller people like myself. This is the first car I have owned where my knees are not hitting the dash even with the seat all the way back. Plenty of headroom as well.

Roominess. Solid construction. Safety rating.

None.

You sure Ford made this?
By whatta ford

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is to be left stock. Bigger wheels slows it down. It handles well with the stock 215 60 17 but for a great upgrade you can go to a 235 55 17 without altering your odometer and making an amazing difference in conering(they are cheaper too). The factory radio is very blah but a local circuit city can add a rca converter, an amp kit with a small sub with enclosure for less than 300.00 and you got the bass fill the factory 5x7s do not pick up(do not waste your money on new door speakers). As for the motor its an off the line slug but the six speed is a champ on the freeway. Take your time and get 30 plus mpg on the freeway.And last tint your windows to help the big beasts car lines!

Long range gas tank, reg unleaded, trunk for days, smooth everything, rides high for a sedan

235 55 17 better stock tire size free remote start, nav package should be less.

Best Car Ever
By Peter

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2005 Five Hundred has been an exceptional vehicle. We've driven it to Florida from New York and had it at 29.5 mpg on the trip. A full tankful gave us over 600 miles of driving. The same is true on our semi-annual drives to Virginia to see family. No stops for fuel for a 520 mile trip is refreshing. Our overal mpg is 25-26 during our daily driving. It's a smooth ride and the roominess inside and in the cargo area are unequalled. I've purchased 32 cars in the past 37 years for the family and myself and this one is definitely the best purchase, by far.

Great Replacement
By Amy W

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought his car to replace my '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium and have not been let down yet. It is far roomier and the trunk space is amazing! I have a 2 year old and can easily fit 2 strollers, high chair and our bags in the trunk when we visit my parents. It has all the amenities the Sable had, plus a few extras such as the in-dash CD changer, dual climate control and heated seats (just to name a few). This is a great family car and I would eagerly recommend one to anybody who asked.

Dual climate control, reverse sensing system, sun/moon roof, message center

Larger engine for more get up & go, but from my understanding newer models now have this. The engine in adequate and this is a family sedan, so race-car power is not expected.