Used 2012 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Pretty perfect midsize suv
By Leah

2012 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drives good and feels very sturdy unlike other same size suv's.

Wrecked it 7 Months Later, SAFE
By Ashley

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been in 3 wrecks in the past 18 months, and just wrecked my Ford Edge, halloween weekend, October 2015. My father insisted I buy another Ford Edge after my month was up with my rental just because of how horrible of a driver I am and the safety and durability of the Ford Edge. He insisted I buy a new Edge though because of all the issues that could possibly go wrong, buy new with a warranty. First used car and Ford I have ever bought. I bought it back in April 2015 with very few miles on it (around 30k/40k), it had never been in a wreck before me. I wrecked it with 70k/80k miles on it (travel a lot). It had everything updated and checked before I purchased it through the dealership. Never had any issues with it except the pano sunroof, the weather strip came off and I wasn't aware of it until it rained one day. Did no damage, the dealership fixed it with no hassle. And I was aware of the many issues it had before I bought it and the issues it gave the owner before me and they fixed all the issues and even put new tires on it. Apparently the driver door signal would always say it was open when it wasn't. The signal for the engine stayed on. But it never gave me any issues within the 7 months I owned it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the slow acceleration. It was very comfortable, the backseat and cargo was spacious in my opinion, I don't have any kids though. The sound system and the pano sunroof was my favorite thing about it. Im a female in my early 20's and all my friends loved it too.

However, in all the wrecks I have been in, in all the different Makes, my Ford Edge, was by far the nastiest wreck (and the safest, thanks to its durability)!!
I wrecked a Chevy back in March 2014, 4 car pile up on the hwy and the airbags never deployed. NOT RELIABLE.
I wrecked a Kia back in Jan 2015, I was hit driver side that literally crumbled the whole driver side. CHEAP.
I wrecked the Ford back in Oct 2015, head on collision causing a 4 car pile up. SAFE.

Junk. Should have bought the F-150.
By Miko

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm 5'7, 145 lbs. and way too small for this car. The seats were built for someone much fatter. I constantly have to fiddle with the seat position: fore, aft, up, down, nothing is comfortable. It might as well have bench seats when I take a corner at a bit of speed. The "bucket" seats don't hold you in place at all. And the repairs!!!

The "door ajar" light kept coming on, even though the door was closed.The "place engine in park" light came on while driving 70 mph down the freeway. Those two repairs cost $1600. Thank goodness I purchased the extended warranty which covered electronics!

The windshield wipers came on during broad daylight - no shade- even when the weren't set to automatic. The sync is terrible with my iPhone. The sound doesn't always turn off when the button is pressed. The acceleration has a terrible lag. And now, during this autumn heat wave, my air conditioner has gone out. I have only put 15,000 freeway miles on the car and purchased it certified pre-owned 8 months ago. I tried to sell it, but now can't do that due to all the repairs this car has needed. I hate it.

I will never purchase a Ford
By Lynn

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2012 Edge Sport at 20k miles. We are now 1.5 years in and have taken the car to the dealer several times. Today, we are at 40k miles and have done and alignment, new tires, battery, throttle fuel line when the car stopped working, break booster when the breaks were not working properly, panoramic roof lining, led bulbs in taillight. Now, the dealer is asking us to pay $215 to update and clear code U0401. At this point, the only thing I want to do to get rid of my ford. We love the interior, features and look of the SUV but absolutely feel insecure of the stability. We are waiting for the next thing to break.

Very disappointed
By joneskmaz

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for nearly 2 years and continue to be disappointed.
The battery died after 1 year, brake booster went out, Vista roof rubber rails fell off driving down the freeway, then the motor wouldn't close it. Air conditioning went out May 2013 and now again this May 2014, has been recalled for the fuel line. I've had a mysterious grinding noise starting the car and it won't start then you can start it, they don't know what's wrong. The SYNC doesn't work correctly and does strange things, I spend hours at the dealer and most times they can't or won't give me a rental.
I am at the point of never wanting to own another Ford and want to trade this in for something reliable.

The ECO Boost Power

Fix the quality of the vehicle, have the dealers offer rentals for all work related to warranty issues.