Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great Vehicle
By Comfortable Ride

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Roomy but very easy to drive. I love to drive this vehicle. My kids love this vehicle and on a long drive it is the utmost of comfort.

Design - inside and out. It is safe and easy to manage.

The factory stereo - a nicer looking one - Delco is dead.

Love it
By greg

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love how comfortable it rides. It looks good and has a lot of room inside to haul things. You can make a lot of adjustments to have the Tahoe fit your needs.

Heated seats, dvd player, XM, OnStar, room

A little bigger running board to help you get in. Make sure you have enough air in your tires otherwise when it gets cold a warning light will come on.

Love my Tahoe
By Margaret Wise

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I pull a small travel trailer and was driving a Buick Rainier. I just love the Tahoe, but was afraid it was too big. We had Suburban's and a Yukon before this, but this handles so much better, you would swear you were driving something the size of the Rainier. All my previous experiences with full size SUV's has been put to bed. This is fun, easy and a real kick to drive. Not to mention the looks it gets with its great style and presence.

Paint, interior, XM Radio and navigation system. She's a real go getter!

Back up indicator, to let you know if you are close to something, very hard to see rear of vehicle when backing.

One Great SUV
By Bill V

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of Trucks and several SUV's and this rig is hands down my favorite of all times. It is Fun to drive, very comfortable and pull my camping trailer like it's not there. The Tahoe is solid and has a lot of power, I'm able to pull my trailer up a steep grade leading to our favorite camp ground at 55 MPH, my old SUV could only go 25 MPH max. The gas mileage is not bad for such a large SUV on a recent trip I was able to get 18 MPG. I didn't want the on- star but it came with it and now I could not live without it, the hands free phone it a great feature and works were my flip phone wont.

The easy to uses 4 wheel drive. Air conditioning and heating works great and east to use. Love the 6 CD changer and On-Star. Drives like a luxury car.

The rear seat head rest couses a bad blind spot. The 3rd row seats are mostly useless ok for a child. It would be nice if they would include a brake controler with the tow package. I wish that GPS was standard equipment.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Al

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 Tahoe is the best vehicle I ever owned. I had a Dodge Grand Caravan prior to this and I disliked it. Poor quality interior, and uncomfortable. I've owned a lot of vehicles and also own a 1979 Corvette. I like driving my Tahoe better. My next vehicle? A Tahoe.

Everything about it