Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Car has issues
By Cal

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I must say the car drove and performed nice when new.I have the 2.2 4cyl. And must say this motor for the size out performs most V6 engines I have had. Chev made one powerful little engine with excellent fuel economy.

My Favorite features would have to be the engine. Very impressive 4cyl

Now this may take awhile. The car overall has some serious issues that should be recalled.The Steering gear has been replaced twice. Signal lights and head lamps burn out monthly.Shifter selector quit working @ about 23000km. Rotors and brakes are horrible. Chevrolet needs to recall these issues.

Built Not To Last
By rosalind

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have had several problems with my Malibu. The sun visor mirror had to be replaced. The check engine light had to be serviced. The steering shaft has been replaced 3 times. My car jerks and feels like its going to take off at least 3 times per month and the dealer doesn't know why. I am always replacing bulbs. The passenger door would not shut completely and has to be fixed. I have reached 55,000 miles and I feel that this car is not going to last another 55,000 miles.

My car starts right up and has not left me stranded.

Think Twice Before Buying
By my 2nd malibu

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my malibu for approx. three years. I was very disappointed at the fact that I have had my car in the shop for the same problem three times with service tech's not knowing what was wrong with the car. I have also had to replace every single exterior light on my car, even the L.E.D. break light that was supposed to never go out. It's sad to say that the previous malibu I owned a 99 model has never had any problems and continues to run great.

I love the display that on the dash. It gives great info. including temp, reads my music giving me their titles, and it's bright easy to see.

Electrical problems all the way around.

One of Two Best Cars I've Ever Owned
By Ann

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned five cars. One of them a Honda Accord (bought new. It was a miserable lemon.) This is one of the two best cars I've ever owned (other was an Olds Cutlass Supreme). Reliable, runs great, no big maintenance or performance issues. Not as stylish as I'd like, but I got features I never dreamed I'd have on a car. Including: remote engine ignition (I've never scrapped ice off the windshield / I can get in a warm car on a 12-degree morning), OnStar (excellent response time and personnel for flat tire / dead battery), great gas mileage, comfortable seats, great brakes, satellite radio, exact temperature control. Would buy another Malibu if I needed a new car.

Are you kidding me? Again?
By 05 Chevy

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I HATE THIS CAR! The steering goes out whenever it want's. I've had it fixed only after 6 months of owning-yet, it continues to happen. It has just shut off on me at redlights, it pretty much starts when it feels like it. It's actually in the shop now because it didn't want to start. Oh, and the lights on this car blow so frequently be prepared to have the Autozone workers know you by name. I HATE THIS CAR! Never will I in a million years buy another Chevy or recommend this piece of crap car to anyone.

.....I'll get back to you on that.

Steering column Lights/turn signal Brakes Ignition Tires Cd changer Interior CHEVY MALIBU '05