Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Truly the ultimate driving machine
By Weldon L Kuretsch

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

This is the third 3 Series BMW I have owned and each car has gotten better than the the previous one. On my first BMW maintenance was rather often and expensive. It is totally different now. Oil changes are at 15,000 mile intervals and I have had no major repairs on the car at 75,000 miles. It truly is the ultimate driving machine and I will continue to own them as long as it is possible for me to do so.

Handling - the tight steering and the feel of the road.

The driver's cockpit is somewhat limited because of the console in the middle.

Phantom Electrical Problem
By SusanU

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

This car has been fine, but many things were fixed under warranty. I would have hated to pay for that and I was not happy with service at BMW (not the dealer at which I purchased my car), but that's another rating. Right now, there is a phantom electrical problem that causes the windshield wipers sometimes to stop working. I also noticed the door locks malfunctioned a couple of times. I have a good mechanic (ex-BMW tech from the dealer) but he said he can't locate the problem unless it stops working long enough for him to put it on the computer. So far, by the time we get there, it's started working again.

I like the safety features. When we purchased, few cars had stability control and side-impact airbags.

Better quality control is needed on the assembly of this car. Many of the problems the dealer fixed under warranty were things like windows/sunroof getting stuck.

Automatic Windows are Poor
By Joe NY

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Drive train wise the car is fantastic. Plenty of get up and go with the slighest touch of the gas peddle. Aesthetically it is still the most attractive on the road. Still get looks for a nearly 7 year old car. In winter I use 4 snows and have no problems even got home in an ice storm. I have a standard shift and its so fun to drive on the curves in the Adirondacks.

Standard shift. How the car just floats at 90mph..

Automatic windows rate a zero. I've had 2 replaced so far. They are constructed like a child's erector set with wire cables.

Can't go wrong with a BMW
By lovemybmw

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my third BMW and my favorite yet, before this car I had a 1999 M3 coupe. I was a little worried about losing power but the 2.8 makes plenty of power and really gets up and scoots. The handling of this car feels just as good as my M3, the ride is firm but comfortable, and the manual trans shifts smooth and precise.

Looks, power, fuel efficient for a luxury car,

Could use a little more space, however bmw fixed that in 06 with the new body style.

One CoooL Bimmer
By Zzero_CoooL

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

This is one very nice BMW, I have owned the car since day one! This baby has it all and has never gave one minute's problems! I have driven it from the South to the North with no problems what so ever! It is now about 6 years old and still looks and drives as good as any 06 model on the market in my eyes! The styling is super sleek and very demanding! I get glances everytime I pull up to a traffic light! This is the best BMW I have owned to date. Note: I've owned 7 NEW BMW's since 1996, By far this 2000 323i is the best!

Tinted Windows, sunroof, the stance and overall look of the car. I really like the audio controls on the wheel. Nice touch! The H.K sound system is great. The interior is designed so well, I can't choose which I like better "Exterior or Interior"

None! This Bimmer has nothing that needs to be improved! Get one today and start enjoying driving the way it should be!