Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great entry lux car, nav not worth $2k
By U2Guy

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car for the wife, she loves it. She loves the Nav, I think it isn't worth the $2k (especially now that we both have iPhones :)). Navigation should have real time traffic and weather, like my iPhone or any other handheld GPS unit. The only negative so far is the brakes. They are terrible. Okay, so they do stop the car, but they are weak and stopping distance is longer than expected. Took some getting use to, to say the least! The Bluetooth is cool, but limited. People complain a lot that they can't hear us (and I'm a loud guy). All in all, a great car for the price! We are happy with it & would buy again. Good (not great) MPG average 25 MPG in mixed driving.

Bluetooth and Nav (even with the limitations). The fact that everything is standard: leather, sunroof, etc. The only option was the Nav. Acura support: We had a tear in our leather seat hidden by the seat belt receptacle. I do not know if we did it or what, but Acura took care of it!!!

I believe most were fixed with the redesign for '09. Real time weather & traffic for Nav, V-6 (although there is a huge price increase with the engine). I think the 4 banger does just fine.

Love this car!
By ginny

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Loved the '08 so much, I hunted down a leftover at at CA dealer and had it shipped to NY. Was not disappointed. The 6 speed manual was definitely the way to go. It's more fun than the auto and I get great mileage - 34 on the hwy, 27 commuting. So far the winter handling with Blizzak snow has been excellent. I'm planning on keeping this baby for a long time!

The Milano red color - not available on the 2009 or 2010 models; Nav and Bluetooth phone, Sat Radio.

voice command system to control HVAC is not great, buttons would be better

Loved this car, getting another one
By kcleebs

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We had our TSX for about a year and a half. Loved most everything about it. Our only issues were little things like the fact that the front doors don't stay open well when one is getting in and out out the car. And I didn't like the position of the door lock on the sill where one might rest their arm. The safety features are what I liked best as my wife was able to walk away with a bruised knee from an accident where someone hit her head-on at 40 mph while she was stationary. We are replacing our now totaled TSX with an exact duplicate. We looked at the 09s but they keep making things bigger and it would be too tight a fit in our tiny garage.

Safety features, Bluetooth, nimbleness, interior materials, tire pressure sensors, overall ergonomics.

Mileage could be improved. Make side mirror settings as part of drivers seat memory settings.

Solid Performance Sedan
By Alex

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased this car. A used 08 with 20K on the odometer. What sold me was the incredible build quality, handling, comfort and the performance of the 2.4L VTEC engine. This is a fantastic sport/luxury sedan. Clean lines and no "fast and furious" body work. I'm used to an AWD sedan so I'm a little concerned about this car's bad weather handling with the Michelin Pilots. Have to wait and see. So far in the dry heat and heavy thunderstorms of summer, it's handled very well. The car inspires you to test it's limits. The VTEC is very eager to rev and run.

This car has it all. Hard to pick one feature. All are represented equally well (engine, handling, comfort, appearance).

Addressed on the 2009 model.

The Almost Perfect Car
By Scundo

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I know there are a lot of complaints about the low end torque. Let's put things in perspective though. It's a 2.4L 4 cylinder putting out 205 naturally aspirated horsepower. It does it in an extremely smooth manor too. Isn't that how a sport luxury sedan engine should perform? After driving everything from fire-breathing pushrod v8's to boxer 4's all I can say is this engine is a jewel. Honda/Acura builds the best 4 cylinders. Period. Smooth, powerful, economical. The gearing on the 5 speed auto is excellent. The interior is flawless. Everything where it should be and it's very comfortable. Awesome handling. Steering is perfectly weighted. Drive by wire throttle is very slick.

Engine, suspension, interior, exterior. In that order. Very refined, mature looking sedan. Not trendy or "boy racer" looking. Might even be described as boring. I wouldn't say that but I know in 10 years this car will still be handsome. Just like an Acura should be.

18" wheels. Same design, same tire choice. Just 1" larger please.