Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Love this car!
By ginny

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Loved the '08 so much, I hunted down a leftover at at CA dealer and had it shipped to NY. Was not disappointed. The 6 speed manual was definitely the way to go. It's more fun than the auto and I get great mileage - 34 on the hwy, 27 commuting. So far the winter handling with Blizzak snow has been excellent. I'm planning on keeping this baby for a long time!

The Milano red color - not available on the 2009 or 2010 models; Nav and Bluetooth phone, Sat Radio.

voice command system to control HVAC is not great, buttons would be better

Loved this car, getting another one
By kcleebs

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We had our TSX for about a year and a half. Loved most everything about it. Our only issues were little things like the fact that the front doors don't stay open well when one is getting in and out out the car. And I didn't like the position of the door lock on the sill where one might rest their arm. The safety features are what I liked best as my wife was able to walk away with a bruised knee from an accident where someone hit her head-on at 40 mph while she was stationary. We are replacing our now totaled TSX with an exact duplicate. We looked at the 09s but they keep making things bigger and it would be too tight a fit in our tiny garage.

Safety features, Bluetooth, nimbleness, interior materials, tire pressure sensors, overall ergonomics.

Mileage could be improved. Make side mirror settings as part of drivers seat memory settings.

Solid Performance Sedan
By Alex

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased this car. A used 08 with 20K on the odometer. What sold me was the incredible build quality, handling, comfort and the performance of the 2.4L VTEC engine. This is a fantastic sport/luxury sedan. Clean lines and no "fast and furious" body work. I'm used to an AWD sedan so I'm a little concerned about this car's bad weather handling with the Michelin Pilots. Have to wait and see. So far in the dry heat and heavy thunderstorms of summer, it's handled very well. The car inspires you to test it's limits. The VTEC is very eager to rev and run.

This car has it all. Hard to pick one feature. All are represented equally well (engine, handling, comfort, appearance).

Addressed on the 2009 model.

The Almost Perfect Car
By Scundo

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I know there are a lot of complaints about the low end torque. Let's put things in perspective though. It's a 2.4L 4 cylinder putting out 205 naturally aspirated horsepower. It does it in an extremely smooth manor too. Isn't that how a sport luxury sedan engine should perform? After driving everything from fire-breathing pushrod v8's to boxer 4's all I can say is this engine is a jewel. Honda/Acura builds the best 4 cylinders. Period. Smooth, powerful, economical. The gearing on the 5 speed auto is excellent. The interior is flawless. Everything where it should be and it's very comfortable. Awesome handling. Steering is perfectly weighted. Drive by wire throttle is very slick.

Engine, suspension, interior, exterior. In that order. Very refined, mature looking sedan. Not trendy or "boy racer" looking. Might even be described as boring. I wouldn't say that but I know in 10 years this car will still be handsome. Just like an Acura should be.

18" wheels. Same design, same tire choice. Just 1" larger please.

Love It!
By gc

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 2yrs now and overall I truly love it. I have it in pearl white w/ black leather interior and it looks great. The HIDs are awesome and the handling is top notch. The lights in the dashboard look nice (blue white and red) & are bright. The leather bucket seats are comfortable for me (I'm 5'4)and there is plenty of room inside. Driving feels extremely smooth and breaking is great. This is my first car and I'm scared to try a new one b/c I might be disappointed. I prefer the '08 model over the '09 simply b/c the exterior look can't be beat. I love this car & I don't want to give it up next yr when my lease is over. I recommend it to all who love a fun, safe, & reliable car!

HIDs (& highbeams), heated side mirrors, memory & heated seats, bluetooth link, body style & appearance, iPod connect, fast & smooth ride, homelink, buttons on driving wheel (vol., BT link, etc.) It's a beautiful car!

Change location of sunroof controls, fix sound a/c vents makes sometimes when turned on, and that's pretty much it.