Used 2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 228 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Excellent car to own and drive
By Midlifemom

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 40K a year. Perfect vehicle. Decent mileage (20.5 on highway). Will not tip like Sequoia, 4Runner. Excellent in rain, snow. Excellent sound. Very perfect vision all around for driving safety. Good in curves, swerving. Mirrors great, melt snow. Tows my boat great, out of steep ramps. Windshield banked so no chips from rocks. Fog lights catch deer on dark highway at night for you, safer. Passes fine. Pick up fine. Looks pretty. Never, never, never screws up. Have never had to have it fixed. I have 113,000 miles. Very fine car, recommend it. Others I have had are Yukon, Sequoia, Mercedes, Volvo.

Reliable, well designed. Totally reliable and incredibly well designed. Nothing flashy, but so many things are great. Seats fold down in 1 second. Third row up in 1 second. Thing works every single day, over and over and over. One heck of a fine machine. Great design.

Interior is not as pretty as it could be. Use less cheesy wood stuff, and richer leather. Use nicer stuff on interior a little. Looks too austere. And, new ones are too male looking - not so nice for ladies. I don't like the new look of the MDX as much as the old ones. But terrific car overall.

3 Years Going Strong
By Carmine L

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this MDX for three years and it is still a great car. Dealership took care of a couple of glitches without fanfare. Giving this one to one of our kids and just ordered a 2008 MDX w/tech package.

Navigation is awesome, stereo is beautiful and the DVD w/headphones have made long trips easy to take.

Get rid of the pin holes in the leather seats (my new 2008 no longer has pin holes).

I'd buy another X
By kevman1

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the perfect vehicle for me because: 1. I drive 45 miles to work, so the 25 mpg I get (driving gently) is great. 2. I can fit anything I need to inside, since it can accommodate boards/items 4' wide. 3. I love the way it looks. 4. It was cheaper than all the other SUVs I was looking at. 5. I've had NO major issues with it for 78k miles. 6. I can perform my own maintenance (all 4 fluid changes).

Easy folding 2nd row seats and FLAT folding 3rd row seats. Relatively easy access for me to perform my own maintenace. Large storage area for a mid-size SUV.

Dual climate control, rear HVAC that remembers its setting after the engine has been shut off, item compartment (including sunglasses) in roof, rear liftgate that opens with the push of a button, buttons on wheel that light up.

Bland
By Thomas O'malley

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I travel a lot and rent every kind of SUV to use for business around this country for work. When I get home I really appreciate everything about the MDX except the mileage. It stinks. I get 14 mpg consistently (no matter how I try to feather it) around town, but on the highway I easily get 22-24 mpg. It is quick compared to all SUVs I have driven. Plenty of room for 3 in the backseat (2 carseats and me).

Heated seats and steering wheel controls

Gas mpg and handling.

Pretty nice I'd say
By AM4TA

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mom just bought this car for herself a little while ago and it came with the GPS system which is the best feature out of all in my opinion, especially for the out of town trips. It drives pretty decent but will not make you bounce back in your seat. The driver's seat however needs to get fixed because the back of the seat isn't straight, it's at an angle which causes my back to slide down toward the right side all the time and I can't position myself straight. Also the right exhaust pipe is hanging a little lower than the left one but that shouldn't be a problem. Other than that the car is pretty nice. Not a standout but not a car that people will hate either.

GPS, rear backup camera, in dash 6-disk CD changer, 8-speaker Bose sound system with a nice subwoofer, sunroof, sophisticated AWD system, 5-speed automatic tranny, power everything, fold flat 3rd. row, running boards, and a pretty nice ride.

A little more power and maybe make the AWD system a bit more simple but that's just my opinion. The all new MDX should fit most of my specs.