So far, so good
By amy on
2006 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
I've had my '06 for 16 months now but before that had an 05. Just test drove an ML 350 from Mercedes and I must say I prefer my Volvo. Granted the ML had a few features that were nice but overall, my Volvo had much more comfortable seats and more features for the price, i.e. dvd system, memory driver's seat, etc. I also have much more cargo area in my Volvo and because it's a bigger car I have more legroom and just feel safer. Close the doors on the Mercedes and do the same with the Volvo and you'll know the difference. My only gripe so far with the Volvo is the cheaply made stereo speaker units in the front corners. Should be better for a 50K+ vehicle.
Favorite Features
Seat comfort, rain sensor, memory seating, roominess, safety, heaviness of the vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Would like some sort of acknowledgement from the car that I've locked it (i.e. beep) and unlocked it. Better made speaker units in front of car instead of cheap plastic speaker units, remote access/opening/closing to doors, trunk, windows, etc., like the Mercedes.