2006 Volvo XC90 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - not so sure about this

2006 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Review

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

not so sure about this car
By Cleen on

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car used from the local Volvo dealer. With only 38,000kms on it & half the price of a new one it seemed like a no brainer. It also came with the entertainment package & third row seating. I want to love this car. I think it is the best looking SUV out there. It handles beautifully it's unassuming & overall a great family vehicle. But. I can't get over how loud the engine is, and how poorly it accelerates. Go up a slight incline it sounds like the transmission is slipping. Coming down a decline, it does the same thing and clunks into gear. It really bothers me. I keep thinking it has transmission problems. Also, at 2500 rpm it revs really loud! It's being traded in for an LR4.

Favorite Features

split tailgate, comfortable seats, exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

engine. I seriously can't stand this engine.
By teddym
on 04/03/12 06:39 AM (PDT)

by now you've learned that your fuel pump is going out (gone out). i wonder if your xc-90 left you on the side of the raod like our did when my wife was driving it? She is so afraid of this vehicle she won't drive it any longer.