Used 2006 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Florida Volvo XC90
By Gerry Kirkpatrick

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I enjoy driving this vehicle and feel extremely safe in it My only disappointment is in the gas mileage. I traded in a Tahoe in perfect condition to get rid of the 8 cylinder engine only to get less gas mileage. If I had know about the mileage I would have gone with the more powerful 8 cyl.Volvo as it had a smoother ride and more power on the road.

I love the fold down 3rd row seating. When I am not carrying a lot of people it allows me a sizable cargo area. The 3rd seat is more than adequate and we have traveled several hundred miles with people comfortably seated there (myself included).

Having the cruise control on the steering wheel causes me to switch it on accidentally frequently. This has caused me no problems so far but I have heard of cruise control problems on wet roads etc. A little worrisome.

Awesome SUV
By Gary Howard

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

From the delivery from Neftin Volvo ( awesome dealership) the XC90 has been my favorite car ever. Rides like a magic carpet and off roads like rhino. I LOVE IT!

lMy first volvo-
By Michele

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I waited 2 yrs for this car! Needed the suv body style, very happy with this! A few minor problems (computer errors). At 25,000 miles, had to replace tires. Not happy about that. Was told its common on Awd suvs?! Would like to know what other owners think about this.

Volvo XC90
By Jeannie

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My Volvo XC90 is my new favorite automobile. I am a very particular consumer who spends a great deal of time researching before buying a new auto. This vehicle has been my most satisfying purchase yet. I may never leave Volvo if they keep making this vehicle! It is everything a professional mom could want...both sexy and safe! I am considering a volvo for my son when he gets his lisence soon.

The security on the highway with responsive safe quick maneuvering is my favorite. The luxurious appearance and comforts are top notch.

It needs a compass. I miss not having that feature to help me out of downtown at night or neighborhoods I am not familiar with.

Our experience
By GFamily

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought the car because we thought it would be useful, versatile, fun liked the design. We are not disappointed in any way and are happy with our purchase.

The heavy duty rubber floor mats and 3rd-row seats.

More responsive gas pedal in low RPM range.

• SUV