2006 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Love this Car
By Charlotte on 01/07/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just purchased my first Volvo and I love this car. The ride is so smooth and it handles very well. It's quiet and the sound system is wonderful. I really like that my kids can watch a DVD and play a game at the same time. Personally, this car out beats most of the SUVs of it's size. It rides like a tank but has lots of power. The body style isn't as classy as other SUVs but this car speaks... Sophisticated. I think we made a great purchase...one that will last us a long time.

Comfort, Size and Performance
By Lux on 01/07/06 13:02 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We love or XC-90 V8. We are in Germany and get to open her up on the Autobahns. Very comfortable quiet ride even at 100+ mph. Sounds system is very nice and Navigation system is a real plus for overseas and unknown area driving. Plus there is room for all our stuff and the dog. Finally, it is nice to know we are well protected while we cruise the autobahns with all the safety systems Volvos are know for; and now unlike in the past the vehicle is stylish and looks great.

8 Cylinder Wonder
By delawaredriver on 01/05/06 15:31 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. The 8 cylinder engine is terrific. It is comfortable with clean and efficient design inside and out. Handling is great. I sometimes forget that it is an suv. The six speed transmission is very smooth, but sometimes hesitates a little as it searches for the right gear. Volvo hit the mark with this one.

Great vehicle 2.5T has plenty of power
By mj10990 on 01/04/06 12:54 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

All around terrific vehicle and terrific value compared to other luxury SUVs. Comfort, safety, beauty, performance are all outstanding! The 2.5T is more than enough power. The V8 is overkill-I drive over two ski slopes to get home and have never felt a lack of power. We narrowed it Between the Acura MDX and the Volvo. We got a better deal on an 06 Volvo than on a 05 MDX. Better looks, better gas mileage, better comfort and Acura has horrible dealers. AND we love Volvo's politics (the $500 donation to HRC was great)! Finally-18-20mpg is outstanding for a 4500lb vehicle!!!! For comparison, Reviews say The MDX is getting 13-17! XC90 is averaging 18-20!

Great SUV
By Jon on 01/02/06 15:11 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just purchased my XC 90 and so far really like it. I am 6'4 and looked at all SUV's. I wanted the Highlander until I drove it, I love Toyota but my leg continuously went to sleep. We have a 95 850 which has been a great car. This SUV will fit those of you that are tall and short (wife is 5'2). I had a V8 truck and went to the smaller motor and really like it

Excellent midsize
By frank on 12/27/05 20:04 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The child locks is an on and off buttom which is a pain with an older and younger kids, need individual door locks. Interior kinda cramped on long trips. huge Key. Need hatch opening button on key.

Fantastic SUV
By Robert on 12/23/05 16:37 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best Vehicle I have ever owned. I have driven many SUV's but never had so much fun, comfort, and reliability in one vehicle. I highly recommend going with Volvo. Well thought out design and great safety features.

Had many, this is the best
By ga on 11/28/05 15:05 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven an audi, honda, hummer, ford, land rover, nissan and this is by far the best suv. basic inside but great quality. leather is awesome. booster built in for my toddler and enough room for my baby car seat next door. so safe and quiet ride. head rests are great, can actually lean your head on them when you drive. will buy another one in a few years. not a single problem. the leg room is the only downfall if you have car seats behind you, you lose some front leg room but it is fine, just on long trips sometimes i want to stretch more but that is it! awesome!

Volvo XC90
By Maria on 11/24/05 12:13 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great Driving performance. Does not swerve on slippery roads, snowy roads. Car has great shock absorbers . Smoother ride on country roads

The Vehicle is OK
By Mike on 11/20/05 21:57 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

If you really want to buy this vehicle, buy it for what Volvo is known for. (Safety) The vehicle is a smooth ride and feels like a tank.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.