Honda/Toyata guy converted to VW
By VW convert on
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I am 100% satisfied with my Rabbit. For me, the Rabbit was a perfect balance of economy and performance. I had considered a whole spectrum of vehicles- from a Toyota Yaris to a Mazda Mazda3 hatchback. The VW Rabbit sits somewhere in between those two models in terms of mpg and is competitive with the Mazda3's performance, though I might say the Mazda has better handling. One thing that the Rabbit, and German cars in general, have over any other car I was considering was it's awesome build quality. My Rabbit is a small car and is by no means a tank, but it feels as strong and tough as one. Hondas and Toyotas feel like tin cans compared to VW's. The Rabbit is also very zippy and fun to drive.
Favorite Features
The turning radius on this car is tops! It really adds to the fun factor. Digital display of tripometer, temperature, mpg estimator, and more is really neat and I like indigo and red illumination of the console. iPod hookups are great. 5 cylinder engine - a unique compromise between L4s and V6s.
Suggested Improvements
1. find a way to decrease vehicle weight without sacrificing build quality- Rabbit is almost 3000 lbs; this could improve mpg 2. use an all digital console instead of mixed digital/analog functions for more contemporary styling- at least incorporate the speedometer into the digital display