2007 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Really nice ride
By lagonzal on 09/27/07 18:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in an 05 Ford Supercrew for the 4Runner. The F150 was simply too long to park in our side entry garage. The 4Runner is sized just right and is easier to maneuver and park. Excellent inside and out. The interior looks and feels expensive, way superior to our old Ford. It gets better mileage than the F150 but has less interior room. It's not the best family vehicle but it will have to do for now.

07 4Runner V8
By Jeff in Seattle on 09/25/07 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After toying with several different kinds of cars/trucks, I chose the 4Runner and couldn't be happier. Love all the space, the comfort, the quietness, and the strong engine. Above all, I love how solid it feels. There is such a strong feeling of quality with this vehicle.

The Best!
By MAMayer on 09/24/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I waited a long time to buy a 4Runner, much too long. I love everything about it. Exterior has classic lines; interior is very comfortable. Love it!

Love Galactic Gray
By rush on 09/21/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at every SUV out there we decided on the 4Runner mainly because of Toyota's reliability. The back window is great if you have dogs! We love everything about the car. There is one problem that we have found, when we first got the vehicle there was a constant rotten egg smell, it since has gone away for the most part but is still there occasionally. We have tried different grades of gas and nothing seems to help.

Vibration
By Volker on 09/20/07 15:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV has been in the dealership 5 times for excessive vibration and rear end clunking and not been fixed yet. I've even had the Toyota technical rep look at it. The clunking in the rear end is a known defect in the SUV which according to the technical rep Toyota is not going to fix. If you get it you'll just have to live with it. We thought the vibration was fixed with a new set of tires but that ultimatly did not fix the problem. Toyota quality is not what it's advertised to be. I'd recommend looking at another companies product before buying one of these.

Starting to regret it
By Disappointed on 09/19/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in Jan. and loved it, but now it's 12,000 miles later. Inside is very small, comfortable in the front seat means no leg room in the back. I am only 5'11" and I hit my head almost every time I get in. 3rd row seats create an even bigger blind spot. Seats arenít too comfortable on long trips. Gas mileage is very poor when traveling at highway speeds. It's a nice SUV but not made for families, we wish we would have waited for the new Highlander.

07 4 Runner
By Steve on 09/18/07 15:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months of reading reviews on SUVs, picked the 4Runner. My second choice would have been the FJ Cruiser. Have had for 9 months and have had no problems at all. This is the first new vehicle I've owned that has not been in the shop at least 3 times the first 6 months for repairs and/or adjustments. Mileage is 19 MPG city and 22 to 23 on the road. It's enjoyable to have a ride that only requires gas and oil changes. The vehicle I replaced was a 1988 S-10 Blazer purchased new; it was a great truck but the new Trail Blazers just did not impress me as being a SUV. The 4Runner is great in our Minnesota snow and ice, 4-wheel drive and traction control perform well.

Great Truck
By Joe on 09/03/07 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and this is a great choice. Refined ride, great power, smooth transmission and a responsive V8 make a very capable vehicle that can tow a ton, handle any weather, and full time 4WD make it very safe in any conditions. The steering is a bit unresponsive, but once you get used to it, you feel secure in it. The iterior is well made, the leather seating is not as supple like some, but seems to be built more for duribility. MPG is good for a V8. I average 17.9 with mostly stop and go driving.

So Close
By 4Runner on 08/24/07 22:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2700 miles and looking forward to trading it in. Good looking basic transportation. Unable to get side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, sunroof, 4x4, 3rd row seats in CA. Told these safety features werenít necessary. In CO could get side curtain airbags,day time running lights,3rd row seats w/o sunroof. Opted for sunroof, 3rd row only good for midgets. 10 year old Discovery handled better in tight fast paced LA traffic. 4Runner feels unsure and at times throws a few surprises driving at higher speeds. I never know how the vehicle is going to react to various road condition at freeway speeds. This is the first vehicle Iíve had this problem with.

4Runner Limited
By daveJ100 on 08/21/07 11:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2007 4Runner because my 2001 SR5 was an incredibly reliable SUV and didn't cost me a dime to maintain other than routine work. The 2007 is better in every way. Handling, freeway ride, road noise dampening, stereo, interior comfort are all improved. As for the storage capacity, what you see before buying is what you get. Most people don't need more or they would be buying a larger SUV. The 4Runner is a perfect size for its intended market. It is not designed to haul 6 passengers. The third row is a compromise for those who need extra seating for small children only. It is bonus space and shouldn't be viewed as Toyota's failure to provide adequate seating for 6 adults.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.