Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Much improved since 1999
By Jon

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1999 4runner for eight trouble-free years. Wife test drove RAV-4 and Highlander, and as soon as we left the lot in the 4Runner she said this is the one. Love the ride, handling and gas mileage,18-20 city, 22-26 highway. Better MPG than the 1999 model. Looking forward to another eight years of worry free driving. Way to go Toyota!!

Love the silky smooth 5 speed auto. Plenty of power. Nimble handling around town. Power rear window comes in handy for my Labs.

NONE

Love it
By Judi

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had several SUVs prior to this starting with a 2000 Mercedes ML320 which I got rid of under the lemon law. Then 2002 Envoy, then 2003 Trailblazer both of which had transmission problems. 2005 I purchased 4 runner sport 6 cyl No problems. 2007 purchased 4 runner sport 8 cyl which actually does better with mpg. Not very stylish but love the comfortable drive does well in 4x, handles great. ample storage in rear including room for a full size wheel chair. Just wish the dash lights were no so hard to read during the day.

Second 4Runner
By pilot

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1998, which was a VERY good car. This one is more refined, less truck like, and bigger. It gets about the same miles per gallon (19 in mixed driving, 24 on the highway at 55mph). No repairs after 6 months.

Roomy. I had leather seats put in (aftermarket), which my previous SR5 did not have and I like.

I like the old cup holders better. The new ones full up with junk. They put gear 4 and 5 in the same notch. Should only have gear 5 (top gear) in that notch as you can accidently get it in 4 instead of D and not notice it. Rear heat/ac should work on all vent settings. The temp controls are subpar.

Liked my 2003 Better
By Anita

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good, dependable vehicle. This is my 3rd 4Runner. I liked the interior of my earlier ones better. Manual controls were easier to manage while driving. I the exterior design is good.

Exterior styling. The kids like the vent for the back seat heat & A/C.

Temperature control knobs are cumbersome. Not enough power outlets in the front at minimum should be two. Get rid of the back seat trash holder and put back the cup holders.

The SUV to replace lesser sport vehcles
By delray226

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my 4Runner. I average ~22 MPG and this has been fantastic in all weather. Living in a hilly part of the southern tier of NY the traction control and amenities are on par with cars costing up to 15K more. Considered the BMW X3 and it was no comparison. The interior space and comfort is fantastic for the money. I have never owned such a comfortable vehicle. Even the little features like the speed adjusting airfoil for the sunoof just make the driving experience and daily use a real pleasure. The control of the rear window is another great feature to help cabin airflow. The cargo mounted mirrors are a great help when backing up in close quarters.

The aux audio input and in dash MP3 player makes a fantastic 1-2 punch and make long trips easier. The sunroof is just the right size and the operation is smooth, fast, and quiet. The seats are exceptionally comfortable and supportive.

The climate controls are very functional but not very attractive. Better then the highlander but not as refined as the camry. Recommend drawing more in from Lexus here.