Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Great buy-no surprises
By doug

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 SR5 4Runner which I had purchased new. The style, and additional room inside and out makes this a far nicer ride than the 2001. I am averaging 20.1 mpg, with the majority of miles being local. This is better than the old 4Runner, even though there was a boost of 30hp in the V6 engine.This is my third 4Runner, and I have never experienced any problems with any of them. I see no need to ever get rid of this 07, since Toyota offers unsurpassed reliability, and this 4Runner offers everything that I need.

Style. Fair gas mileage. roomier than old 4Runners. Reliability.

Driver door controls hard to reach under pull handle.

Much improved since 1999
By Jon

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1999 4runner for eight trouble-free years. Wife test drove RAV-4 and Highlander, and as soon as we left the lot in the 4Runner she said this is the one. Love the ride, handling and gas mileage,18-20 city, 22-26 highway. Better MPG than the 1999 model. Looking forward to another eight years of worry free driving. Way to go Toyota!!

Love the silky smooth 5 speed auto. Plenty of power. Nimble handling around town. Power rear window comes in handy for my Labs.

NONE

Love it
By Judi

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had several SUVs prior to this starting with a 2000 Mercedes ML320 which I got rid of under the lemon law. Then 2002 Envoy, then 2003 Trailblazer both of which had transmission problems. 2005 I purchased 4 runner sport 6 cyl No problems. 2007 purchased 4 runner sport 8 cyl which actually does better with mpg. Not very stylish but love the comfortable drive does well in 4x, handles great. ample storage in rear including room for a full size wheel chair. Just wish the dash lights were no so hard to read during the day.

Second 4Runner
By pilot

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1998, which was a VERY good car. This one is more refined, less truck like, and bigger. It gets about the same miles per gallon (19 in mixed driving, 24 on the highway at 55mph). No repairs after 6 months.

Roomy. I had leather seats put in (aftermarket), which my previous SR5 did not have and I like.

I like the old cup holders better. The new ones full up with junk. They put gear 4 and 5 in the same notch. Should only have gear 5 (top gear) in that notch as you can accidently get it in 4 instead of D and not notice it. Rear heat/ac should work on all vent settings. The temp controls are subpar.

Liked my 2003 Better
By Anita

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good, dependable vehicle. This is my 3rd 4Runner. I liked the interior of my earlier ones better. Manual controls were easier to manage while driving. I the exterior design is good.

Exterior styling. The kids like the vent for the back seat heat & A/C.

Temperature control knobs are cumbersome. Not enough power outlets in the front at minimum should be two. Get rid of the back seat trash holder and put back the cup holders.

• SUV