2001 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
What a feeling - great SUV !!
By skykingrc on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one really great SUV. Drive much tighter and quieter than any other car/van/truck that I have owned. Realiability doesn't get any better than this. I know I will be staying with TOYO

Will's 4Runner SR5 4wd
By trancebuda on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the classiest and best packaged SUV and will probably become a classics, like the Mustangs and GTOs, because no companies are making the cool shiny manly chrome bumpers and the tough rugged boxed look yet sleek and stylish body of these 2001- 2002 SR5s.

Its all good
By Cobra_pwr on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have the SR5 Sport Edition. Never seen a sharper looking SUV. This is the 1st vehicle I have owned w/o a V8, and truthfully the 4Runner needs one. Without the truck being in 4WD on wet pavement it is unreliable...though the VSC does help. The moon roof and sliding back window are cool and the gas mileage is not that bad 18-20mpg. Stereo system sucks, the speakers are trash.

Best SUV I've owned
By vtm351 on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third SUV and the best. It drives and handles like a car. The anti-skid and anti-lock break breaking systems saved me from flipping on an unexpectedly sharp turn. I was going 55 mph on Rt 1 in Pa and my exit came up faster than expected and hit the turn faster than expected. I didn't realize that it was a sharp turn and I slammed on the breaks. My back end kicked out and I though that I was going to hit the unusually high curb and flip. But the anti-skid straightened my back end and the anti- lock breaks stoped me I hit the curb. My Montero would have hit the curb and ended up on it's side.

BEST OF THE BEST
By ARTHUR on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

PURE FUN TO DRIVE. I JUST LOVE DRIVING MY 4RUNNER.

Dealer
By Dottie White on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 4 runner. The dealer has ignorant sales people that are only interested in making money. They do not care about what happens after the sale.I was thinking about buying a new 4 runner and I was told specifically what do you think you can buy a new vehicle every six months. I was planning to trade because the color is dark green and is hard to keep clean.

So Far so good
By killa21 on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had it for a year now and I am completely satisfied I invested in such a truck because I haven't had any problems so far and I put around 30,000 miles a yr on it so far and its still like new...!!!

Love My Runner
By Sherrrys4Runner on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Rain, snow, sleet, and I95 traffic, my runner just keeps on getting it!

A Real Pleasure
By Morton on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third lease. In 7 years I have not lost a day's work because of mechanical reasons. Reliability is a 10 in my book. Great over all vehicle.

Sweet Ride
By Stevesemm on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2001 Black SR5 w/ the sport package. Man this thing is great looking! I shopped around and found others that offered more for the $ but it all came down to the kick a** looks of the 4Runner sport!!! My only complaint is that my wife drives it more than me!!!! Love my 4Runner!!!