Used 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I L.L.Bean Edition Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Great Car
By ldtjsa

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the handling and the way the car feels when driving it. With two kids in car seats and two adults up front it feels small inside. But I went from a Ford Excursion to this car. The gas mileage combined city highway and driving it hard is ~23 mpg; if you drive it nice, it is like ~27mpg, all highway you can get around 30mpg. The backseat just needs to have more room.

AWD, navigation and heated seats.

More interior room like the CRV has.

Love driving this vehicle!
By MarcusinPitt

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

A lot of friends questioned why I would purchase a wagon rather than a sports sedan such as the BMW 325xi, but I was looking for a vehicle with some utility, and this vehicle is a great alternative to an SUV/Crossover with much better gas mileage and handling. With only 1500 miles, the car is getting 23mpg (city/hwy combined). It rides 10x better than my 2006 Honda Accord and much quieter I must say. This Subaru is surprisingly elegant with a great interior layout, quiet, smooth ride, good handling all the while maintaining nice attention to luxury and durability. Despite the lack of a few accessories/options that are standard in most cars in it's class, the car is a great buy!

The panoramic sunroof, windshield wiper heating, LL Bean edition has some nice appointments, comfortable seats, good ride, quiet, and very solid feel.

Steering wheel radio controls (only available on LLBean 3.0), bluetooth technology and voice activated Navi., auto -power (up and down) front windows.

Great value, fun!
By cdb9000

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car 4 months ago, replaced 2001 Toyota Landcruiser. Tired of paying $75 premium, now I pay $35 regular to fill it! Owned 2 Volvo wagons (new) before my LC, and the Subaru compared to those in comfort and luxury. I looked at the Honda CRV and Rav4, too. CRV had good safety, but so cheap inside I couldn't stand it. Rav4 has very poor rear crash test, and I don't like when Mac trucks come up on my rear when I'm stopped and sitting in a car with no bumper. Acceleration is fine, it's no BMW or 8cyl, but gets me from here to there safely and in comfort! The Subaru has 5 star safety ratings all around - very important to me (and kids). Check out IIHS website for crash ratings.

Comfortable power seats. Safety rating. Ground clearance for charging into driveway in snow. Leather, nav, auto dim mirrors, leg and side room (great space between you and the door!). 30 mpg highway after 7000 mi, 25 city. 6 CD, cool illuminated instrument panel, under 30K, can't wait for snow!

Seat belt chime, no useful roof racks (what's with these useless curved crossbars on cars these days?), halogen headlights, typical Subaru engine noise (ext. only)... but you know you're going to get that!