2006 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Won't buy this again
By julie on 11/17/08 14:55 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a Toyota 4 runner to Subaru LL Bean. I am highly disappointed. The leather seats are very cold in the winter until they warm up. Because of the heater design, my legs are too hot in summer and too cold in winter. The air just doesn't circulate down there. It comes out at chest level only. Passengers in the back seat freeze. The exterior paint job is very bad. It scratches incredibly easy. The windshield takes forever to thaw. It handles well in small amounts of snow but not in anything over 6 inches.

Lacking Quality 2006
By Robdisc1 on 01/24/07 18:54 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Subaru's main problem is its HESITATION on take off. It has about a 2 second hesitation when pulling out after pressing the gas pedal. Dangerous to plan your entrance into heavy traffic. Seems a bit life threatening. Also, the roof rack whistles pretty loud. I also get a burnt oil smell as it warms up. Lastly it gets door dings very easily. I've had a new car every year for the last 9 years. This one is the worst. The dealer told me the hesitation problem is being worked on by Subaru and I'd be notified; that was 8 months ago.

Great Safe Family Car/SUV
By BiggLou55 on 10/12/06 07:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you have 0, 1 or 2 children and/or pets, this is a GREAT car. We looked at many different vehicles in this price range and found that the Forester fit our needs, lifestyle and budget as well as being the best of the cars we test drove. The power of the 2.5L boxer is adequate, but not as sporty as we would have liked. If you want more power, get the XT model, but we chose the comfort over the power and we made the right choice for us. Overall, we are extremely happy with our Forester, and we will definitely buy another.

Strong Competitor
By Secure Feeling on 08/30/06 13:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fine small SUV choice. Very solid build. Excellent crash test scores. View is clear and unobstructed. Has good acceleration. The leather interior and wood steering wheel are nice touches. It doesn't sit so high as to make it difficult for some to get into and out of, similar to a car. This is my 3rd Subie, and they've all been tanks in winter driving. The gas mileage is a plus also.

A winner
By Bill on 02/09/06 23:55 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Subaru and all have served me very well. The handling and performance are excellent. It has a smooth ride and visibility is excellent. Subaru always produces a durable and well engineered car, so I expect this one to be no different.

Faultless
By Ken on 09/07/05 00:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have put approximately 2000 miles on this car and it has performed flawlessly. The upgraded interior and features remind me of a Volvo (I have owned 4). The performance and handling is like my old BMW 530i. It gets 31 mpg on the highway and 29 mpg in the city, and uses regular unleaded. The car is well designed inside with lots of convenient features. The ride is very smooth. This car is a great alternative to a Honda or Toyota. Dollar for dollar it has more value, in my opinion, and it also drives better than a Honda CR-V or a Toyota RAV4.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.