2004 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Finally, the SUV for this

2004 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

X Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Finally, the SUV for this century!
By michaeldavis1969 on

2004 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I don’t pay a lot of money for a car unless I am convinced it will be worth my investment. The newer 04’ Forester has huge improvements on the glitches of the older models, especially the ’01 model complaints in Edmund’s consumer opinions. It is the only SUV in the small class category to rank good in the overall crash tests. Nice standard features like fog lights and power locks and windows. Go for the winter upgrade package if you have a lot of winter driving.

Favorite Features

Lots of storage. Very peppy engine even in the 4-cyl models. Decent on fuel for an SUV. It handles better than any SUV I ever driven. Hardly any blind spots. Side impact air bags standard on all models.

Suggested Improvements

The AC is a little weak. The cup holders are are a little small. A decent armrest should be standard. The alarm that is installed by Subaru does not have engine disable, and for the price you pay, it should. A brand name of tire that will have some decent mileage wouldn’t kill them.