Used 2003 Subaru Forester Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Forester Fun
By Derry

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

No problems; drives like a dream in snow which we get a lot of.

AWD.

GREAT VALUE AND QUALITY
By ScienceChick

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Needed to retire my Mustang convertible from daily driver and wanted a practical vehicle that could actually go in bad weather. Generally don't like SUV's, but co-worker has a 2001 S that has been excellent. My car is totally stripped down, yet it still has so many basic features like power windows, doors, and cruise control. Standard cloth seats, A/C and CD player are good enough for me, but 6-CD, leather, moonroof, and climate control are available on higher models. No other smaller hatchback (Ford Focus ZX5, Mazda Protege5, Toyota Matrix)had anywhere near the cargo room.

Nice redesign of interior and exterior, Pacifica Blue exterior color, AWD, ABS plus front & side airbags, cargo shade, storage compartments, car-like ride, available Subaru accessories from dealer

Six-speed manual, White-faced gauges would look cool :)

Excellent vehicle!
By Mrs.Bean

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I very recently purchased a 2003 Forester 2.5x after months of researching & test driving. Not only was it a pleasure dealing with the sales staff, they were extremely fair. The car/truck/wagon is perfect. I'm a new mom, and we love to camp and hike. The Forester is a perfect for going to the grocery store as well as going for a day trip to the mountains. I must admit- it's feels "cooler" than a station wagon, while not being a gas guzzling SUV. It's been a pleasure to drive!

Height is perfect for getting kids in and out-- no bending or reaching. Great features if you are outdoorsy- weather band info, seats fold down to sleep.

More leg room. I'm short, so it's great, but my husband is 6'5" and looks like Fred Flintstone in it (although he does like driving it!)

LOVE IT!
By oro

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I hesitated to write a review, because I wanted to see how well the car held up over time. Well, it's been a year now, so here I am. This is the first car I've ever purchased, and I'm very happy with my decision. Friends still kid me about getting a WRX, but I say to heck with it! In the last year, I've been in an accident (insurance covered), and helped 2 friends moved. My Forester still keeps on going!

The AWD is excellent for newbie drivers in heavy snow conditions, and I love how smooth the steering wheel is. I drove a friend's Passat and can't believe I considered getting it, because the smoothness just didn't compare!

Better radio. 1) Make it easier to put in CDs into 6 disc changer. No more hitting the Load button! Just add in the disc; it should be automatic. 2) The radio is difficult to navigate with that crappy knob on the right side. Redesign! You can do better!

EXPERIENCE, MINE
By VINCE R. NEUHEIMER

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

SUBARU IS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. WE HAVE HAD SUBARUS IN OUR FAMILY SINCE 1985, AND I HAVE NEVER EVER REGRETTED IT. THEY ARE A 100% QUALITY VEHICLE, FAR SUPERIOR TO MOST CARS ON THE ROAD. (I HAVE NEVER HAD A LIGHT BULB INSIDE OR OUTSIDE BURN OUT) RIDE

RIDE, VIEW FROM ALL SIDE, AND THE COMFORT OF THE LONG TRIP. WHEN I TAKE A 300 TO 900 MILE TRIP ICAN GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE AND HAVE NO BACK PAIN.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE OVERDRIVE INSTALLED SO WE CAN GET MORE THAN 26MPG ON A LONG TRIP. MY IMPREZA STATION WAGON FULLY LOADED GET ABOUT 32 TO 36 MPG ON A LONG TRIP.(I GUESS I MIGHT BE SPOILED BY YOUR CARS.)