2003 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Love It
By Bnaim on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has plenty of room,runs beautifully,and id fun to drive.

nice surprise
By echo1234 on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my vehicle for 3 1/2 months now, and I have enjoyed every moment. I was looking for a vehicle with adequate cargo space, but did not want a monstrosity of a typical SUV. I did not even consider the Forester until I was disappointed with the CR-V. The Subaru is definitely worth more for the money! And I drove my Subaru from Texas to Connecticut and am constantly on the road (8000 miles so far!). I highly recommend the Forester.

Only Subaru
By DavisJ on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Subaru and I love them. Picked up my new Forester today and I love it too. It is the perfect size. I almost got a CR-V, but it's too big and trucky, sits a little too high. The Forester is perfect. Drives like a car and still has plenty of room for all my stuff. Subaru cars have been super reliable. You can't go wrong with one of these cars.

Top Notch
By WayneM on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at alot of vehicles, the Subaru by far is the best bang for the buck. I think there is a major mis- conception that the Subaru is too expensive.

Follow up from May, 2003
By tstodola on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my '03 Forester for 7 months and 17,000 miles and am more pleased with it now then when I purchased it! It gets 24-25 mpg with varied driving. My wife has not wrested it away from me, but I think she would swap her Solara for the Forester if I offered. With all the crash test data on the car, and my experiences to date, The premium for Subaru is really worth it!

Great!
By VV on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

A great car! I absolutely got the value of every dollar. Too many to be mentioned.

NO REGRETS
By VOUGHNE on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a first time buyer and a new driver as well. It takes me months of researching which vehicle to buy. Finally I found the one which met my expectations- Subaru Forester XS. For safety , car like handling, reasonable price and fuel economy, Forester top them all!

Safety, value, and FUN!
By Justme on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After moving to the east coast from CA, I was determined to buy a 4WD or AWD vehicle. I spent the past 6 months doing research & test driving the Audi, Volvo, Highlander, 4Runner, Pilot, CRX etc. No other car offered the safety, gas mileage, reliability, AWD system quality, driving fun & environmental friendliness at a comparable price. The car is a dream for me to drive, w/ plenty of zip, and I've felt SO MUCH safer in snow & bad weather. I'm 5'4" & it's a perfect fit, but my 6'3" husband enjoys driving it too. My Subaru dealer was wonderful--I paid invoice, & he put leather in it for me, so I got all the extras & still have a 5-speed, which I love.

Overall Excellent small SUV
By Jborman on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with the Forester 2003 (Premium Package included). This SUV is loaded and not missing a feature. The premium sound system is awesome. The handling is great & I have already driven in bad weather and felt very safe. The reviews at Consumer Reports highly recommended the Forester & I can see why!

Outstanding Value
By Puna Luna on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fully loaded for around $25k. Guaranteed gas mileage and superior crash test rating. We are extremely happy with this vehicle.