2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Worst car I've ever owned
By Mary Ann on 06/07/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I get worse mileage than I got from the 17 year old Grand Am this car replaced. Can't even count the minor problems I've had. Wouldn't recommend this car at any price.

Best Economic Decision
By Prock on 05/29/08 01:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Pathfinder LE for this vehicle. I was no longer towing heavy trailers so I didn't need it. I am 6'1" at 185 lbs, plenty of room. This car has much more head and leg room than my wife's 2003 Sentra. Fuel economy was much lower than the EPA estimates but still acceptable. The fit and finish is very good for this price category.

Disappointed with some things
By masonlane on 05/18/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We've had our Versa for almost 2 years. Within the first 8 months, we lost a hubcap. No biggie, we replaced it. Three weeks later we lost another one. Nissan said it wasn't covered under the warranty! We've replaced a total of four BROKEN hubcaps (2 on the back passenger side fell off) and now a 5th one is ready to come off! The clips break & they don't go back on, except for the 2 that the center fell out and the ring stayed attached to the tire! Nissan says it's not a design flaw! Whatever!!! I've been driving for 20 years and prior to owning the Versa, I lost ONE hubcap after I had a tire changed & it wasn't put back on properly. But at least it didn't break, it went back on the car!

Good for money but a couple of glitches
By B- Rad on 05/13/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, the Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback is a good little car. It looks little but actually has a whole lot of room inside. My friend is 6'10'' and has no problem riding shotgun because of the immense headroom provided in the design. The car does not get the posted gas mileage driving in the New York City area - which is mostly traffic congested highways and stop and go streets. I clocked every time I had to fill up for 12 months to find that the car on my average gets 25 miles to the gallon. I was surprised that my ex-car, a Nissan Sentra 1997 stick shift, got at least 35 miles to a gallon - way better. I also had glitches with the interior panel that always seemed to pop up and stay up.

Wonderful car
By Gerri on 05/10/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I went from a large SUV to this Versa. I love it! I get twice the gas mileage with comfortable sized interior, good power, great styling & features! I have a sunroof & bluetooth, CD stereo pkg. Hatchback has easy entry trunk w/ fold down back seats.

Great lil car!
By victor on 05/06/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is great! Looks small on the outside but very roomy on the inside! I traded in a ford taurus for this car and feel i got the better deal. Gas per week is $60-$80 less and I drive a lot. I live in NYC where parking is hard to get... this car fits everywhere!

First New Car
By fatal_degree on 05/05/08 18:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first ever never used car. The fuel economy is spot on estimate during the summer months. Under estimate in winter (bear in mind fuel mixtures are different in winter). I do mostly 55mph+ driving, with city errands and cruising on the weekends. First and second gear have good power for its size. I'm always tearing up my tires. A lighter flywheel would make the shifting more responsive. After driving a series of beaters that lacked, power, heat, AC, floorboards and door windows that functioned, this little car is like a dream. Super quiet! I often have people ask me if it's on. Spacious. Handles wind shear well... ever driven a tiny Ford Festiva in the wind? HUGE difference!

Love my Versa!
By sheloulit on 05/05/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My little SL has all I wanted and more. Doesn't get what the original sticker stated for gas mileage, but the gov't cracked down on "truth in mileage" and she fits that to a T. Worst mileage was 27 and that was my fault, driving like a madwoman on a mission. Usually gets around 30mpg, depending on what my load is and how heavy my foot is. Has some annoying squeaks sometimes, like the center console or sunroof, but not always. Type of road? We live in a rural area. Had to re-learn how to handle a small car again, w/o turning into ditches. Great handling! Great CD and changer! Probably great Bluetooth, don't use it. Comfortable! Put my rear in multiple other small cars. She had the best seats!

40,000 miles in 1.5yrs
By jrw1621 on 04/28/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Versa for my wife about 1.5 years ago and it already has 40,000 miles on it. The plan was for a reliable economical car that we could load the miles onto. We are very happy with the Versa. We shopped everything in the "Scion Class" of vehicles but found the Versa to offer the nicest interior, quietest ride and best highway manners of anything in the class. In 40k miles it has needed nothing more than regular oil changes and is showing no signs of wear. I think i will even get 60k miles out of the original tires with proper tire rotation.

I love my car
By marm on 04/15/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It has been the first new car I have owned and I love it! I have had it about a year and a half and I still love driving it. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.