2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
A HOT car...as in on fire....
By rhaines on 06/12/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

#1 - 2 days ago this car spontaneously combusted. It appears something went wrong in the electrical. #2 Previously replaced drive shaft sensor and fuel pump in the 1.5 years I owned it. #3 wife backed into car @ less than 5 mph....caused $1,500 + damage. Easily falls apart. No get up and go. Left my family sitting watching it burn up. Wish I never bought this car. Also no heat / AC for the rear. My son nearly froze / over heated because there is no air vent in the back. The front air vents do not produce enough air to supply the back seats with the proper temperature. He had to ride with blankets in the winter with the heat on.

Fool me once...
By twicescrewed on 02/01/10 16:15 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned TWO 2007 Versas, probably the worst cars I have ever owned (and that includes GM products). The first one was in the shop 5 times for TPMS issues in 8,000 miles before, mercifully, it was destroyed in an accident. Unfortunately, I was set up with another, and that one was worse. In the shop 14 times for 23 separate issues over 32,000 miles. The dealer never fixed it right, including simple things like gluing the rear door seals in place. I got rid of this (on my own, and my own expense) when they refused to fix a problem where the transmission (6-sp manual) occasionally went into 1st when you put it in reverse. NO THANKS, NEVER AGAIN will I own a Nissan.

Great MPG, Comfort and Performance
By Hooboggled on 04/03/08 02:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everyone complains about the MPG but driving 70 miles RT in Los Angeles traffic I have never averaged less than 30 MPG and that is with traffic. Without traffic I've been getting 35 MPG. I couldn't be happier with its performance. In 16 months I have driven 28000 miles. I have a boat in Long Beach at sea level and a cabin in Big Bear Lake at 7500 feet above sea level. The Versa climbs the multiple 8000 plus foot peaks with ease and the manual transmission is great for going down the mountains. I've had chains on it and almost slid through an intersection on some black ice. That was scary. I've also taken it off road on dirt mountain roads and have had no problems.

Queen of the castle
By Michel Chapleau on 01/07/08 16:18 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I used to drive an Infiniti G35 coupe wich is very expensive on maintenance, tires and gas. I made a compromise with my wife that with a cheaper car we would travel twice a year instead of 1. I changed my coupe for the versa SL hatchback 6 speeds with convenience, sound and sport package and my surprise is that ok I must admit that I miss the power of the G35 coupe but overhall I am pretty satisfied with my Versa and find it surprisingly fun to drive. And let me tell you that for the gas, brake and tires maintenance it is day and night hehe!! Also the interior is really big and the place in the back too!!! So leaving soon for 3 weeks in the Bahamas at Staniel Key's Island :)

Nissan Versa SL
By ciara hanley on 09/18/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The main reason I bought this car was because of the advertised gas mileage on the sticker. I'm lucky if I get 20 miles per gallon in the city and I'm only getting 30 miles on the highway. The sales people emphasized how great the fuel economy was but I guess none of them own one. I think Nissan should give a more accurate fuel economy rating especially with the high cost of gas. They're misleading people. The car is comfortable to sit in and to drive.

a lot of blind spots
By versa on 09/01/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The hachback window is small and not enogh veiw out of it. The post from the side rear windows to the hachback window is to broad that is where the blind spots are. The stupid tringle windows in driver and passengers side windows are also a distraction. The sticker said 25 mpg,in town and 36 mpg highway. Well I have not done much highway driving yet but I do not get any where near 25 mpg where I live and I live in the country.

This is the one!
By Mikedrives on 05/29/07 19:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After evaluating several close competitors, you'll find that this is the car to get. Zippy, fun, durable and, for the dollar, the best car to get. Fully loaded with an excellent sound system, sunroof, bluetooth, fog lights and a very comfortable ride on long trips. It is quite impressive in handling, fuel usage (I'm getting mid 30s) and curb appeal. I think this is a solid performer and a winner for Nissan.

Hatchback of the Decade
By Josh Cromwell on 05/25/07 11:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I needed a car to commute to and from work. I decided on the Versa after carefully considering Sentra and Frontier. I drove each vehicle for a couple days and the choice was obvious after driving Versa. All the options and room of the more expensive Sentra, and nearly twice the gas mileage of Frontier. I'm getting 33 mpg and I'll be the first to admit I have a very heavy foot. Interior room is unbelievable. I'm 6'1" 300 lbs and there's plenty of room to spare in the front and rear.

Wonderful for what it is
By Rick on 05/20/07 15:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Stylish enough so you won't be embarrassed to admit you drive one, but also practical, good on gas (I've noticed a few complaints about the MPG here but I can attest it's really good if your own driving habits are efficient) and reasonably priced! The cargo area is deceptively large and therefore perfect for roadtripping, and it's fuel efficient enough for both roadtrips and commuting (and it's comfortable too, which is good in those instances where you're sitting in dead-stopped traffic in it!). A 6'2" friend of mine called the backseat "roomy."

Lots of Car for the Money!
By AL on 04/27/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After test driving the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris I chose the Nissan Versa because you get much more car for the money. When driving the Versa you get that heavy, bigger car feel. Its drive is both smooth and sturdy. The electronic steering feels precise and accurate and the car just loves to cruise at highway plus speeds. The seats are comforatble and supportive. The only negative is some engine noise during acceleration. Though when idling the engine is steady and practically silent. Six speed manual tranny shifts crisply and smoothly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.