2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Best bang for the buck

2006 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

Best bang for the buck
By Zak on

2006 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a car man for decades. I love european and asian cars. However, There are some american cars that get my attention. I don't know how much Ford was involved with this car, but I'll say this. Look out Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. This car is quiet, smooth, feels solid, and well made. Did I mention a blast to drive? I've always loved hondas and respected Toyotas. But these products by mazda is getting my attention. I have had some minor warrenty work after 20,000 miles. A damaged or defective exhaust shield. A bad sensor and a bad battery. Really little stuff. Things that can go wrong on the most high end vehicles. Not concerned. Plus, I'm very abusive to cars, I drive hard!

For the price a really nice interior. Great styling. Very roomy front and rear. No wasted space. Phenomenal handling. Very good build quality. Quiet and feels well refined. Firm suspension, but not abusive.

I would like to see more umph from the engine. It's smooth and pulls well. But lacks the punch of the V-6 accord and Altima. Also I think with more power this would be a great rear drive car.