2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Despite the points I would not buy
By A2BDriver on 12/13/09 12:34 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I know this car is supposed to be sporty. It drives and handles okay. I wanted a good daily driver for the snow belt. But in the first light snow all of a sudden the TCS kicked and IMMEDIATELY swings the rear of the car out. I lost power to straighten the car as it held back the front wheels, I barely recovered, entered a turn an again the TCS kicked in throwing the car sideways, again losing all power to the wheels. I pulled over and found the stupid button, turned the TCS and had an uneventful rest of ride. Tanks Mazda for almost killing me, I barely missed an oncoming pickup. I am going back to the dealer to permanently disable this dangerous "feature".

Great performance & Gas Mileage
By ponchojuan on 04/21/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Mazda, and I'm picky. It was cheap: $15,563 new. It is full size; I'm 6'3" 240lb and I fit fine. It averages 31 miles per gallon. I don't know where they get 24; must be the turbo. It has everything you need, maybe not everything you want. You won't go wrong buying this car.

I love my Mazda6!
By lovemycar on 04/15/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my mazda for 3 years, and have done lots of driving on long trips and within the city. The current mileage is 60k. I have never had a single problem with my Mazda thus far. It handles excellently, and I consistently get compliments on the sexy look of the car. As a student, it's the nicest car around. The interior is comfortable, which is especially great for those long road trips. I highly recommend the Mazda6!

Pretty good car
By Guy with a Mazda on 03/15/09 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my 6 in Dec of 07, and it has served me very well. All of my driving has been in town, so the mileage kind of stinks. It drives great, it's pretty quiet, and it gets me from A to B with no problems.

The best car I've had
By MDCruiser on 02/02/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 6i automatic on 6/1/06 with 9 miles. I've had only small issues with it, now have 58,000 miles on the vehicle. I've done a lot of modifications to the suspension and some to the engine, and I drive the car pretty hard. Never a problem thus far. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. The handling of the car is great, it has adequate interior room, OK fuel economy, and reasonable maintenance costs.

CamCordTima, Drive one of these!
By zoomzoomz6 on 12/24/08 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 62 miles in 06. Base model for 16,500 otd. Car now has 46k miles, no issues, 33-40mpg on my 5 speed manual. This car is fast, fun, and has a really nice look. Power windows, power locks, keyless entry, cheap insurance, and traction control all standard! I have driven Acura Tl's, Honda Accords, Camry's, you name it. If you want to know from a safety standpoint which car is good, try some high speed manuevers. This thing takes a huge beating and still gives me 33mpg average! I cannot recommend it enough. For all those bad reviews with the V6/I4 Automatic, many of them were rentals from Enterprise and were abused so I would not buy it if it was from them.

Great Car
By DeSorbo24 on 11/25/08 19:35 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought the car about three months ago with 55k on it. I drive over 300 mi three times a week on the highway. I opted for the 6 cyl with the 5 spd manual. Best decision ever the car is awesome to drive, great gas mileage out of a 6 cyl. Only thing wrong was a cam shaft bolt that was improperly installed from the manufacturer and Mazda replaced no problem no big deal at all. Car is fast, smooth, handling is crisp and tight just like a sports car. And the exterior with the Mazdaspeed rims couldn't ask for better car

Fun when it isn't in the shop
By Ashires on 11/25/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was so excited when I got my Mazda 6 because I had wanted one for a while, but within 2 days of buying it I had it back in the shop because the windows had rolled themselves down. The dealership told me basically that that didn't happen until I had to take the car back in months later because the windows rolled up & down by themselves, the lights wouldn't go off unless the battery was unhooked and the horn would blow (with no one in the car). Finally the whole thing was all sorted out, but now there are even more problems. I have taken it in 3 times in the last 3 months for problems with the transmission and engine light being on. My warranty will be up in 4000 miles and I am trading it in.

Zoom-Zoom
By Monkyc on 10/29/08 22:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing family sedan that handles better than a BMW 3 series. Great acceleration from the 4 cyl 5 spd. Absolutely no problems in two and a half years over 36,000 miles.

Fun to drive, but not fun to fix
By aperion05 on 09/24/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Mazda 6 brand new a little over 2 years ago. I love this car. It's fast, handles great, comfortable, looks great, and I love the Bose stereo. Mazda has, however, really let me down. This car has been in the shop for warranty repairs six times! I've had problems with the fuel pump, transmission, A/C and even the key fob. I'm so torn. I love the car, and have unfortunately gotten to try others as rentals, but it is a huge hassle to keep getting repairs. When the warranty expires I don't know if I'll be able to afford such big repairs. I've even met other people that had the same car and had the same problems. Overall, don't buy this year, and beware of other years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.