Used 2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan
By Colby

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car I have only 1,500 miles on it so far it's a nice car and the interior is very neat. Lots of places too put your items. And great gas mileage, although I was surprised that it has such a big gas tank.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, look, handle, interior features

Suggested Improvements

real rims, tint on windows from factory, and that's about it

Zoom-Zoom
By Monkyc

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing family sedan that handles better than a BMW 3 series. Great acceleration from the 4 cyl 5 spd. Absolutely no problems in two and a half years over 36,000 miles.

Favorite Features

handling!

Suggested Improvements

larger interior

This car rocks!!
By DanelleT.

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda doesn't lie. This car goes zoom zoom! and it has the heart of a sports car. I love it. The internal design is genius. There is so much more to thrill you about owning this vehicle! I paid $14,000 for this car and I think it's worth every penny. The color of royal blue with purple fleck catches everyones eye. My 18 year old son loves to drive it.I love this car more than any other car I've owned and I've owned quite a few. If you are thinking about buying this car, DO IT! You'll never look back! Make sure you get the color you want, because that's what others see first. They teased me for being picky but I don't regret it.I love my car!

Favorite Features

You can control the stereo from the steering wheel. ALL displays light up red in the dark. The seats are so comfortable. Lots of secret compartments. Stain resistant interior.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it was a convertible, but in Washington, it's just as well that it's not. I love this car, don't change a thing!

Should have bought a camry
By Neva

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was torn between buying a mazda 6 or a camry and went with the mazda. I enjoyed driving the car but at 7,320 mi. the car broke down (bad clutch). Yesterday at 33,000 mi. the car broke down again (bad clutch). I am a good driver and never had this problem with my previous cars. I am waiting for the wrecker to pick up the car and will be trading it asap.

Favorite Features

good looking, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

clutch

Great mid size car
By cchristina79

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2006 Mazda6 i and have owned it for a little over two years now. I am very happy with this car's performance and looks. I have received many compliments at work on the exterior paint and design. Definitely an eye catcher. One thing I do not like in regards to the Mazda6 is the cloth interior. It is very cheap and wears a lot (especially for a model that is not low end for Mazda). The Mazda 3 even has better interior than the 6. I have already had the cloth seats redone under warranty and they have worn out again.

Favorite Features

Sparkly paint, sport grille.

Suggested Improvements

Different material for interior cloth like neoprene.