Used 1994 Mazda 626 LX Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mazda 626

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Reliable, but ugly and falling apart
By Lentukwilla

1994 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I needed a 'beater' for a year, and it filled that role well. The paint was in terrible shape, with the clearcoat cracking or 'lifting' to give it a very oxidized look. The car never let me down, there were no real problems despite over 160K miles. It did have a lot of small noises, rattles, squeaks, and other annoyances. As soon as I stopped working from home I got rid of it...I couldn't let others ride in this thing!

Reliable, decent gas mileage.

Ugly, very poor quality paint (I had the dark green), lots of rattles and squeaks.

No more Ford Knockoffs
By PickyFanatic

1994 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car to replace my beater Integra. I knew that this was a Ford, but I felt good about the Mazda 4 cylinder. The auto transmission had been replaced before I bought it @130K, since then I'm on MY 3rd transmission; NEW, not rebuilt units. I spent over $3K on the 2nd transmission. I only paid $2300 for the car! Also the motor is burning oil, the a/c doesn't work,yellowed headlights. I had numerous electrical problems. It is currently sitting in my driveway for the last 5 months. It will not stay running, so I'm trying to sell it. I'll end up giving it away and I'll NEVER get my money back that I've put into it. It was a waste of money and a waste of my time. I now drive an Accord daily.

Of course the moving a/c vents (when it worked). I added Eibach springs, so it handled like a sports car. It's pretty roomy and the interior fabric holds up well.

Ford, make Fords. Mazda, make Mazdas. When companies use other products, it brings down their reputation; because of this I will not buy any more Mazdas. I like the way they look, but that's about it.

Great First Car
By lococrzy

1994 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Wow I love my car; it’s my first car. It is great and very reliable. I have never had any serious problems with it. I drive it every where in So Cal. The tranny needs improvement and in my case the green paint job is bad because the clear coat is peeling off of the car, but other that those two thing the car is great. It is the perfect car for a teen in my opinion. It is safe and reliable and maintenance isn't expensive either. My parents bought my car for $1500 with only 114,000 miles on it. This car has been wonderful in comparison to my friend's 1996 Taurus that broke down with severe engine trouble and got fixed and just recently broke down with electrical and tranny problems. I’m glad I have it.

Swing feature on ac ducts, speakers, roominess, cluster layout.

Master unlock switch, more aftermarket parts, better auto transmission.

Mazda 626 LX- nice car poor transmission
By GJG

1994 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Bought when it was one year old as a chick car present for my wife in Cameo White with tan cloth interior. She loved it. Always a pleasure to drive, comfortable to drive. The only major maitenance problem was the transmission, replaced 3x under original and extended warranty. Not great on gas and the transmission shifts rough by design. After nine years we just gave it to our daughter and it still looks brand new. I have of course done all the required manitenance like timing belt, water pump ect....

The body and interior are really nice looking. The color Cameo White is really exceptional.

Mazda only had that really bad transmission in 1994 from what I hear. The one with the Hold button. My sister just replaced her transmission on her 95, no hold feature

I love my Car
By Royalcrown222

Had this car for almost 2 years now,
and no real maintainance except
brakes,exhaust. Fun to drive, really
good reliability never lets me down
starts perfectly at -30C. Auto trans
leaves some of the power untouched
wish i had the manual. Lots of space
and extremely comfy.

Driving, roomy, really reliable, good gas milage

fix some minor problems like oxygen sensor that sometimes acts up(doesn't affect the performance of the car though)