Used 2007 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus GX 470

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )

2007 GX470
By Arno Huang

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A Lexus mechanic checked out my car prior to purchase. Beware there are some trouble spots, but overall they are one of the most reliable vehicles you can buy. If you are a Lexus owner, you have access to all Lexus service records online (including records prior to your ownership). This is a great resource. We traded a RX330 for the GX, the GX has a much nicer interior and the build quality is amazing. Very pleased with the vehicle.

Power, Comfort, & Reliability. GX470 FTW!
By Lexus Believer

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After we had our second child, we were looking to replace our '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee with something a bit larger, and higher end. With two kids, two large dogs, and the needed ability to tow and secure a motorcycle carrier to the tow hitch, the choices were limited. I researched several SUVs in this class, but all reviews and stats kept leading me back to the GX. I started looking for certified pre-owned GXs with low mileage, and there weren't many. I took that as a sign that these vehicles were sought after and kept. I finally found an immaculate '07 with only 25K miles on it. After we drove it, we realized why everyone gushes over their Lexus cars and suvs. It drives much smaller than it is, and it's really comfortable and very quiet. The power is awesome, especially off the line and charging uphill. It tows easily and has a tongue weight of 650+ lbs to handle my moto carrying needs. Interior storage space is more than ample. The 3rd row is handy when you need it, and easy to remove when you don't. Other than the 16mpg avg, I really have no complaints. We have taken our GX in the snow, mud, on icy roads, and everywhere in between, and it handles it all without flinching. I am thoroughly impressed, and would definitely recommend it.

PROS: Powerful motor, smooth, quiet ride, car-like handling, comfortable seats, reliable, and go anywhere AWD

CONS: Avg 16MPG, and the navigation is crap. (But, who uses the car nav with smartphones anyway?)

Money buys happiness!
By David Ray

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Luxury and power. Able to tow 6500pounds. Comfortable is all respects plus give the feeling of safety. Well thought design. Easily earns its consumer report outstanding "recommended buy" rating.

Solid, powerful and reliable
By active_dad

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee for 6 years before this, which was a solid and powerful SUV, but this GX is several rungs up the quality ladder. Ample, smooth
power, VERY comfortable and quiet even at freeway speeds. Rock solid in the snow and rain and very reliable. 3rd row seats are handy, and easy to fold up or down. Anyone who says it's difficult is mechanically inept. Literally takes < 1 min.

Not the best mileage at 14-15 mi. combined avg per gallon, but it is a fairly large SUV with a V8, so actually not too bad. Handles great for its size, and the driving modes and right height adjustments really help for specific driving and road types.

Smooth & powerful V8, comfortable interior, reliable, extremely quiet, can go anywhere and over anything, and can also tow very well. Controls are simple and intuitive. Heated seats, 2nd row A/C, and reclining 2nd row seats are cool. If you're looking for an all-weather road trip vehicle that can tow and hold its own off-road, I can't imagine a much better SUV than this for the price.

Not sure why our 2007 has a cassette player? Navigation is a pain, but smart phones are better anyway. Bring back this body style, the new Lexus SUVs are UGLY!

Beast
By link1235

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This thing is a beast when comes to snow. The miltary should pick this vehicle up. When it snows I feel like I can go any where. I wish it was a little bigger, of course i have the same complaint on most foreign automobiles. Third row seating is poor but it is a easy fix to take them out. i havent figured out this cassette thing is on the sound system.
feel like I can go

Off road and snow capabilitys.