2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
A bit disappointed, but it sure was pretty
By henrietta1 on 04/21/14 12:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo for about a month, and then traded it in. It had very little get up and go on the smallest of hills, it was so bad on gas that I might as well have gotten the V8 cause the fuel economy seemed to be about the same. It was difficult to get in and out of even with the added assist steps. This is the reason that the prior owner traded it. I disregarded that upon purchase because they were an older couple. I am young and it was still a pain to get in and out of with the kids. It is very stylish and eye catching. The 4x4 seems to perform well and the Jeep handled well. I loved the interior lighting. I traded it for a Chevy Cruze diesel and dont regret it

radio problems
By dolphsdeli on 03/28/14 14:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

the radio in my 2013 grand Cherokee overland summit freezes when Bluetooth wireless is used.has been to the dealer 4 times in 2 months cannot fix .radio was replaced.i was told yesterday 3 27 2014 that the Iphone is not compatible with the uconnect system in my jeep.. am I the only person in the US with a jeep and an iphone.someone somewhere has to have this problem..help

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
By koenigsegg_fan on 03/16/14 14:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The JGC Trailhawk is a limited edition Laredo with exclusive features. It does have the 5.7 HEMI. There isn't anything that makes it drive differently than a regular Grand Cherokee. We found this rare Jeep on the dealer lot for $8000 off. What a deal! It has a really smooth ride from the air suspension. With rugged off-road tires, it still has a really quiet, smooth ride. The seats are big, but firm. However, they're really comfortable. Its cargo space is good for luggage even with the seats up. The interior is well-put together with high quality materials, and many are soft to the touch. We had 0 problems with the electronics, the engine, and the air suspension. We had it for 9 months.

So far, so good...
By ramblinhusker on 12/03/13 09:29 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Must admit, I was initially weary of jumping-in to the Jeep (i.e. Chrysler) family after reading a number of reviews over the years. However, the overall design of the Grand Cherokee, plus the pricing and the engine performance, had me negotiating very hard for a lengthy extended warranty (I know some folks don't like purchasing extended warranties). There were a couple of cosmetic things that needed to be fixed. One of the exterior trims on the passenger window needed a new fastener, and there was something rolling-around underneath the passenger front seat. Both items were taken care of. I drive a lot of miles per year, usually 20k+. One long trip was comfortable.

Transmission Fish Bite
By busterssuv on 11/30/13 08:19 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland had the fish bite experience in the transmission described all over the web. We brought it back to the dealership with only 200 miles on it. That began a series of visits over the course of a year – 8 visits in all. We finally received a software update (first promised in March 2013, then June, then July, and then August). The software update made the problem worse! After pursuing the Lemon Law process and getting nowhere with Chrysler, we gave in and traded it for a totally different make/model - with zero regrets. The GC was a gigantic waste of time and money.

Very Disappointed.
By luvmachines on 10/30/13 23:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have always loved the Jeep and when I got the car it was really great. I am so disappointed at how fast the decline has been from really really good to a very worrying point. At this moment it takes an average of 2 minutes to start the car, once it has gone to more than 6 minutes. It just cranks and dies. It also has strange vacuum and knocking noises from the engine bay. This is from a pampered car, never maxed my Jeep. Yet this happens, why? So very sad.

Stay Away:
By trade99 on 06/23/13 15:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The worst car that I every bought in my 36 year driving career. I have talked four people out of getting this car already and will continue to do so. Not comfortable, little driver seat that feels like an oversized toddler car seat, dangerous to drive because of limited visibility through side rear windows, steering controls broke three times and the car does not stop quickly in the snow. I almost got into a accident this past winter because the car did not stop and I ran into an intersection. The price for the car is reasonable but you pay for what you get. I have not gotten any positive help from the Chrysler Corporate Office and they only "pass the buck." Stay away!!! Thank you.

Excellent SUV for the price!
By chicagofan00 on 03/09/13 09:48 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up a JGC Overland Summit edition just last week. This is probably one of the best SUVs for the price in it's class. The Overland Summit trim level is fully loaded with all kinds of technology and features and competes with the likes of the BMW X5, Merc M class, and the Audi Q7 all for several thousands less. The fit and finish both inside and out is perfect, the ride quality is great especially with the quadra lift air suspension, the tech inside competes with the luxury foreign brands although the UConnect interface does look a bit date but very easy to use. The 5.7L V8 engine has plenty of power for this beast but is very thirsty and I'm only averaging about 13.8 MPG.

Great vehicl design, poor assembly
By familyguy44 on 12/06/12 11:38 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I have owned my Jepp Overland for 5 days now and the dealer has had it for 4 of the 5 days. The Jeep was delivered from the factory without a transmission line attached so it blew out the trans. I love the Jeep, I love the design and the look, but reliability is an issue. This all happened in the first 250 miles. Working with Jeep to resolve the issue. It will require a new trans. so I now appear to have a used Cherokee with 250 mile and a replacement trans. Anyone want to buy it for what I just paid?

I love this vehicle so far!
By brinagal on 11/02/12 20:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've only driven it for a little less than 2000 miles, but so far it's been great..Quiet and a smooth ride. The sound system is great..lots of options here too (e.g., satellite radio, cd, ipod, etc.). Great looking exterior and interior..I love the backup camera..the navigation..Getting about 20 mph in the city. This my first SUV and I looked at them all! Edge, Explorer, MB ML350, SRX, BMW X3, X5...Took my time too. I''ve been looking at the Jeep sense this model first appeared. Anyway, I thought for the value, options, etc this was a great buy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee in WA is:

$163 per month*