Used 2000 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My Crv
By Gabe v

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

We bought a CR-V the frist of January in 2000. We have had it ever since the car is just amazing. It's fuel efficient, looks great, has lots of low end torque, the smoothers ride and just the reassurance of Honda quality. We just bought the lx model nothing special, front wheel drive not the real time. But I have gone over hills and rocks and steep slopes and everything in this car and not once has it ever failed.

the safety of front wheel drive and oh my god the 3rd gear in this can takes you up to 100! love it

I put 06 Civic rims and switched over from 205's to 215's. The new tires and rims make it higher and set the tires out wider. And man o man it looks good. Also a k&n n air filter helped with some of the horsepower. A wise investment.

First Review
By JstBghtIt

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I just bought this from a dealer for gas savings and family purpose. I have not a chance to do anything to it yet but only to drive it. So far, it's been an excellent ride. I'll be replacing all the fluids out of it and if needed give it a tune up. I'll be back for second review maybe after six months or so.

Ride, handling, fuel economy and ground clearance versus a car.

Torque and better roof rack.

Love It
By Happy Honda Driver

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

No worries. Replaced tires and brakes, oil and windshield washer fluid ... and of course gasoline. That's it. Like Timex, it just keeps on ticking. My husband wants me to get a new car, but I love my CR-V and don't want to change!

Door handles, rear cargo hight, good passenger room, great maneuverability, tow ready.

Make the driver/passenger seats a little wider and place the power window controls on the door panels.

My Review
By nicomp

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Runs well, always starts, easy to work on, driver's side window motor failed after a few years, otherwise no problems except the A/C compressor self-destructed this summer (2007) and contaminated the entire HVAC system. Dealer wants $3200 to replace everything. I disconnected the drive belt instead. We are seeing much better fuel mileage since then.

2-part rear hatch, no driveline hump in the passenger compartment, easy to work on, shift lever is on the console, rear seats fold flat.

A/C compressor that does not self-destruct. A/C compressor that does not contaminate the entire HVAC system when it self-destructs. Steel wheels are ugly.

Honda CRV rolls on
By Don h

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

No 8 off the production line for year 2000. Got it in Dec 1999. We had our first repair at 145,000, the hydraulic shifter, it's a stick shift. Runs great and we are at 155,000+ now. Seat fits my wife fine but a little small for me though we both can drive despite the difference in height. It is noisy, but the best vehicle We have ever had. The all wheel drive is a big plus. typically get 24-25 miles to the gallon.

Reliablity. and over the road view. Looks nice.

Cup holders are worthless. Needs a little more window tinting. Minor stuff. Soft wheel cover tears easily. Make it a litle quieter.

• SUV