2000 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2000 CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sort Reviews by

Great tow vehicle...
By Tom Blanchard

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

We are full time RVers and tow this CRV and have since it was brand new, we probally have 25,000 miles of towing on it. It is a perfect car for this purpose, roomy enough for 4 adults, easy to tow 4 wheels down with no added mileage showing on vehicle. Only complaints it could be a little more peppy and Honda should re-think the transmission shift or what they call (grade logic). It causes the car to stay in lower gear when under a pull. This is good for mountains or bad weather but causes ecxcessive speed of motor sometimes. They should put a switch to change this like they did for Overdrive.

Great Value
By hondasrgreat

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

We needed a larger vehicle for our 2 small children when commuting and for vacations and the CR-V fits perfectly. Great ergonomics (except for window switches), gas milage, and storage capacity.

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity and Honda reliability.

Suggested Improvements

V-6 would be nice, I know there is plenty of room under the hood. Noisy at highway speeds, stereo is sub-par.

Excellent
By Rathan

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

This is the best of all the mini SUV's. fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

not noise proof as many other cars..

cool and sporty
By Brenda and walden

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

My car does it all. I love to zip around town in my honda, knowing that I am getting great gas mileage for an SUV. It's totally sporty and cute. The transition from a back seat to a cargo area is easy and it has an extra bonus that no other vehicle has----oh yes, the picnic table that doubles and the cargo bed. It also has a lot of cool storage areas including one under the picnic table. I am looking for a new car and can't find one the rivals the CR-V

Favorite Features

Built-in picnic table that doubles as the cargo floor with the storage underneath it. Opennes off the cabin. Not a built-up console in between the seats that makes you feel like your cramped.

A solid compact SUV!
By emanky

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

Well-built, solid, small-size SUV. The reliability is great (what you expect from Honda), have owned for 3 years, not one problem. The AWD is great in bad weather conditions. Cargo area is spacious, a good car for longer trips, as well as, carting the family around town. The fuel economy is good as well. Only shortcoming is four cylinder engine's horsepower, it's adequate, but engine struggles in passing situations and up steep hills. I believe Honda has improved this in later models

Favorite Features

The AWD feature, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Six cylinder engine.

Good car overall
By mjkvabeach

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

Good Quality Build but needs lacks power. Built well for tall people (I'm 6' 2" and has a lot of room for cargo with seats down. A little noisy and the radio isn't the best

Favorite Features

High seating

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER

Waranty woes
By Not impressed!

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I recently purcahsed a low mileage 2000 CR-V. An ABS sensor failed just outside of the 3 year bumber to bumber warranty ( Canadian) . By just outside I mean 7 HOURS. Warranty expired on a Thursday at Midnight and the ABS sensor failed on the Friday morning at 7 AM. The Honda dealer adivised me i was out of luck and would not consider goodwill as this particular vehicle had not yet been serviced at the dealership. I only had owned it for 5 days. . I am appealing the decision to Honda Canada. Needless to say , I am not impressed or happy.!

Very Cool Mini SUV!
By C Andy

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I love this vehicle. It is my first SUV, my first Honda. Perfect for my 80 mile daily commute in MN weather! It is very solid, sturdy and quick. I feel safe, confident & cool in this CRV! There are only 2 things that I don't care for: 1. cup holders: too shallow, cups tip over (I fixed it by putting 1-sided sticky foam inside the holder) and 2. the seat belts are awkward to fasten.

Favorite Features

It is a very cool vehicle. It responds very quickly and handles fabulously!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders-please make them deep enough, I've spilled everything. Seat belts-make them easier to fasten, they are often hard to insertinto clasp. Driver's belt sticks inside the retracter portion.

none
By kllariv

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

looking to buy, read all reviews and sounds like a champ!

Honda CR-V....Best in class
By ONYXDJDIANA

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Honda CR-V is rated high for a reason! I test drove an automatic but preferred the manual for power...I own a 5spd and LOVE IT! I researched all the mini SUV's and Honda was rated highest. Now that I own it, I KNOW WHY! It is roomy, fun to drive, reliable, very quiet, and fully functional. I've used it for DJ equip., distance travel, travel to and from work, etc. (versatile) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me. Only complaint: function of locks.

Favorite Features

Ground clearance. Versatility. Everything is easy to operate and within reach. Love the middle fold down table and table in rear (removeable).

Suggested Improvements

Hard to lock all doors at once from driver's side. I was used to that a bit from previously owning a Mazda 323. VERY VERY hard to get to oil filter if you do it yourself!!!