2010 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Perfect Car Except the Seats

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Perfect Car Except the Seats
By STL Bill on

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I owned a 1992 Honda Accord and drove it for 12 years before replacing it with a 2003 Toyota Camry. I loved the Accord and always wanted to go back to one and did. The 2010 EXL Accord we bought is a marvel of engineering and quality. I'm 6'3" and had to make sure I could fit in this car. I did. After buying the car and driving it for more than 15 minutes, it feels like the seats are made of granite. Plus the lumbar support is too low for tall people. I went in to a Relax the Back Store, and they said other customers have the same problem. My wife has no problem. Sadly I will drive our Odyssey: comfy seats! No achy back!

It's a very fun car to drive (drives like a BMW), and it has incredible curb appeal. High quality throughout. A dream to drive.

Honda really needs to take a look at the way they engineer seats. I was told a seat solution could be found, but it will add a couple inches to the seat height. With the seat at its lowest point, my head is less than an inch from the ceiling. I'm out of luck. My 92 Accord had comfy seats.