Last of the land sharks
By Harleyelf on
2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my '07 a month ago at just about half sticker price. The wheels needed alignment, but the dealer was happy to fix it on the first try. The engine is so quiet and revs so high, the jet engine air intake seems right. Fuel consumption is what you would expect for a peppy big-midsize, not what you would be led to expect by the window sticker. I get 22 mpg mixed. This car has a solid feel of quality that makes me think the guys on the assembly line know they were participating in history. My only disappointment is that silly dash which won't accept an aftermarket stereo gracefully. The enthusiastic A/C more than makes up for it, though, as it's a neccessity here in Florida.
Favorite Features
It's so quiet, from the effortless closing of the doors to the lack of wind noise at eighty. The cabin has glass all around, no damn blind spots. The behind the rear door windows have to be a treat for kids strapped facing the rear. I like the nose design and am glad to have one of the last ones.
Suggested Improvements
A flat spot on the dash, a standard transmission, better restraints on cargo sliding about on that huge flat floor of the trunk. Oh yes, and bring it back into production. The 2008 500/Taurus is a giant leap backwards in body style.