2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: It is what it is

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Standard Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

It is what it is
By Carl on

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first new car purchase and I really liked it at first....Untill everyone in Oklahoma city bought one. Atleast there will be pleanty around to pull parts of in the salvage yard. Guys and gals, this car is what it is plus a tiny, tiny bit more..... It's a (new) $20,000 sports car. I do actually love mine and it runs great but I can see it going to pieces not too far down the road. It's starting to rattle a little much and the two "subs" in the door aren't subs.... Subs are made to play mounted in a box, not mounted in a door but hats off to ford for at least trying to be hip.

I love the "old school" look and the "stance". Also, it handles great. After driving my sons new GT, I realized how light and agile my car was/is. Electric seats....get right out of town.

Shaker 500 kinda sounds like crap. 500 watts??? I'll bet if you hooked it up to a multimeter, it's not putting out more than 15-20 true watts. Now split that up to all your mids and hi's and you get a ton of distortion at even semi-loud listening and for Gods sake, fix the freakin rattles.