2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Fun Car!

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Premium Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Fun Car!
By Lisa T on

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only put 700 miles on this car since December '05, as it's winter in WI, but thus far, it's been fun! I was impressed that it will move on SNOW, as my '96 Mustang GT would not. Ford did a good job adding traction control. The plastic interior could have been dressed up better even though I do have the interior upgrade; without it, would be boring. Punching the accelerator, it moves from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat. Have auto transmission; it seems to shift very quickly through the gears. Am keeping an eye on the 500 Shaker as the CD player is already starting to skip. Like the leather seating, but they could have went a bit richer with the leather. At $28,000 getting a hot head turning car, it's great!

Favorite Features

V8 engine and take off from 0 to 60 ... she moves! Head turning torch red color is so bright it almost looks orange under night lighting. Interior upgrade with My Color option is very fun. Although you must drive with a radar detector in a bright red GT, as the cops DO notice you quickly.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the plastic interior; if it has to be plastic, make it a nicer grade of plastic. The doors are quite heavy; the slide up/down sealing feature is nice for the windows, but hope it doesn't wear out. When you shut a door it almost feels like it's not adjusted right.