Dreams are well worth working for!
By MustangKenny on
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I've always wanted a V8 Mustang since my dad showed me a certain Steve McQueen movie called Bullitt, I just loved the styling and ferocity of McQueen's highland green '68 fastback GT. Nothing else was cooler. Then Ford released the '05 model, now that's a Mustang! Well in a nutshell I found a tungsten grey '06 GT auto with 7k on it and bought it. Best decision ever. I love this V8! It's fast and it sounds great, though mine now sports a cold air intake and Pypes Violator exhaust and it turns heads with it's loud rumble. Also this car is built extremely well. 31k on it and not even a rattle, not a problem. This is one I WILL NOT BE TRADING IN!
Favorite Features
The 4.6 liter SOHC V8 is a great engine. 300 hp is good, but it's easy to get much more power from it. Ford Racing, Saleen, Roush, Steeda and many more can up the ante. Also my GT has the best car seat I've ever sat in. Also a very well built car. No rattles. reliability has also been excellent.
Suggested Improvements
Could use an independant rear suspension (though the solid rear axle isn't really a problem) and the V8 could use more hp and more displacment. Radio could use an auxilary port.