2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2006 Mustang GT
By Mike Perry on 11/03/06 16:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Pros: Very fast, I have the 5-speed auto and love the way it keeps up the RPM through the gear, especially the first three. It handles great and a blast to drive. Cons: Had to have the trunk lid repainted. Has a clunking in the front end at low speed on bumpy roads. Has a very prominent vibration at approximately 1200 RPM. Dealership said front end is OK and the vibration is resonation from the exhaust. I have my doubts.

Loving it
By Boris on 10/24/06 18:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If you don't mind the gas mileage its the perfect car. It is relatively inexpensive fast and unlike many imports lives up to its claimed specs. Above all else great aftermarket support and lots of mods.

Could use a few tweeks
By Jim Myers on 10/24/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great fun car. Vastly improved handling over the 03 I test drove a few years back. Power and sound is good. This is my first Mustang and I have enjoyed it. I am 60 years and have owned Corvettes in the past. This car compares favorably for a lot less money. I wish I had deleted the spoiler as it interfears with visibility. I would rate the gas mileage as very good for a car with this kind of power. I am getting better than 18 MPG in stop and go traffic. I have the 18" wheels and believe that ride quality would be improved with the 17 's. Overall I like the car very much.

Horse Whipped
By Jim Elsasser on 10/10/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 8th Mustang since 1972. It's the best one yet. A thrill to drive and I love the sound of the exhaust. I bought an 05 V6 Mustang automatic and just couldn't stop thinking about the GT. Decided to trade in the 05 and haven't looked back since.

Great First Impression
By Testy Driver on 10/05/06 21:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my Vista Blue Mustang GT Premium for about two weeks. The appearance and feel of the car are awesome, as is the acceleration. This is a car I plan to keep for a long time, as I've waited a long time to get it. The car handles well, it seems eager to get into curves. So far, I love everything about it. The car came with the Shaker 1000 stereo, which may have been overkill for this 45 year old.

Blast from the Past
By Steve Beisner on 09/30/06 04:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I own a 1969 Mach 1 and just got the new 06 GT. What a blast to drive! Reminds me a lot of my 69 as far as looks but more reliable. Interior is very comfee! Handling is great cant't wait to take it on a long trip. Only problem is I can't keep my wife out of it.

Red Hot Horse
By Red Horse on 09/22/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Own 06 GT in Redfire Metallic with parchment leather interior. Surpassed my expectations. Real head turner. Zero to scary in 5.5 seconds @ 24.5MPG. A real road or drag racer right out of the showroom. Corners and drives tight. Rides firm.

Great and Fun Car
By Texas John on 09/19/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love it! I have had it about three months now. Took from Texas to Michigan. Set the cruise at 80 and got 25.7 mpg for the whole trip. Amazing for a sports car. Getting around 17 mpg going back and forth to work. Great, comfortable daily driver. Only problem is that I have developed a "growl" from the rear end when I go around corners at slow speeds. There is a technical bulletin out there so I will be bringing it to the dealership to get that fixed.

Perfectly Satisfied
By Rusty on 09/19/06 05:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my 06 GT for about 3 weeks now and have put over 1,000 miles on it. The handling and the power on this car is fantastic for a car priced under $30,000. I couldn't be more satisfied with this car at this time. The handling is very responsive, and plenty of power for what I needed. Mileage has been pretty good as well. Getting 26 hwy at 70 mph, and 20 mph in city. Also if you like to modify your ride there are plenty of modifications for the Mustang.

Mustang GT Convertible.
By kevin on 08/10/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This care is awesome. Amazing power for the money & comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.