Used 2006 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My first white pony!
By Matt T.

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car, hands down. We did have to have some repairs done within the first 10,000 miles such as the shifter, fuel pump, etc. The gas tank on occasion will not accept a full tank of gas? This happened to my buddy also and he had his fuel tank replaced, sounded like a design error.

Quick pickup and great handling. Get a lot of compliments from people for its looks.

Design a better gas tank.

Best bang for your buck!
By Alan

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third Mustang, my last being an '88 GT convertible that I also bought new. What a difference 18 years can make! This car is faster, smoother, quieter (yes, I know a convertible is noisier, I'm comparing to friends' '88 GT hatchback), quicker around the corners, stops better, sounds better and gets better gas mileage to boot. What's not to love? This car was love at first sight. I sold two cars to swing the downpayment and special ordered the car with all the toys - 18" wheels, and a 1000 watt 6 disc with subwoofers in the trunk. I'm a stick shift guy and this car has a wonderfully smooth transmission that shifts much better than my '88 GT. I commute 55 mi./day and get 22mpg

The stereo which can rattle windows a block away. The wide power band that will idle in first gear in traffic or tear your head off with a redline power shift.

Instant MPG in numbers instead of the stupid bar graph. Thicker padding on the seats for better long distance comfort.

Love our Mustang
By ida

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We were going to wait till next year to buy a car but when we saw the Mustang we were sold. Everything on it we really like. There is so much room for my husband who is 6'3". Owned a smaller vehicle but was always cramped. Would recommend it to anyone. Brought back old memories of the Ford Mustang. Going to put it in a show on July 19.

The look of the car it is so close to being the old style of the Mustang. The performance and the ride. The space in the trunk is great

A trunk release. The seatbelts are a little to far back to reach. On the passenger side there is no way to unlock the door if the remote wouldn't work or the drivers side would not be able to open. Other then that just great!

A Great Pony
By Snotrocket

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine new in July of 06. v6 Legend Lime w/pony package. I went with the V6 due to price and insurance cost. After adding a S&B CAI, Predator tune, and GT muffler, I bumped up the hp to that of a small block v8, about 240hp. A 4:10 is going in shortly to makeup for the automatic. The v6 is a great platform to start off on if your on a tight budget. Responds well to S/C's which take the v6 to the 310hp range. I don't have that many miles on the car, but I haven't had any issues with it. I still get many compliments from people when I am out and about. I have no regrets with this car. It's a blast.

Retro looks, color, A V6 that responds well to aftermarket hp parts, a decent sound system, my-color dash, bullitt wheels and of course all the attention the car still gets.

None really to speak of, maybe bring back the hip on the quarter panels and have louvers standard or optional on the quarter windows.

Nice Pony
By david

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Options on our car include the Pony package, leather seats and upgraded stereo. Having owned a '65 Mustang Fastback for many years I really wasn't expecting to be impressed by the new Mustangs. Boy was I wrong. With each session behind the wheel of the new Pony, the poor handling, braking and lack of air conditioning of my classic Pony becomes even more evident. The new Pony really is more fun to drive. Even though I bought the car for my daughter, I do get to drive it when it needs gas. Which isn't that often since the peppy V6 gets 18-20mpg in town & 26-30 mpg on the road. So many styling cues taken from the early Mustangs I feel right at home in this car.

Appearance and economy. The interior styling is retro cool. Love the Pony package wheels and handling. No issues at all.

More back seat headroom. Adults over 6' tall sitting in the back seat must sit with their heads pushed up against the rear glass. A pad on the hard center console to cushion driver's right knee would be nice! Make it easier for older folks to enter and exit. Guess that's what convertibles are for.