2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
V8 power
By Raul on 04/20/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After owning a 98v6 mustang, and investing almost $2000 on paint, rims, body work, and lights, I new I needed a v8. I bought my gt because I got a good deal, and because I've always wanted a v8 mustang. Acceleration is awesome, you can hear this thing breathe. Handles well also. Takes corners like its on rails. Interior is ok, not as bad as some say, well to my standards. Leather is great, convertable top is awesome. Mpg is not that bad for me. I get around 18 city, and 26 on highway, I have a heavy foot too. Love the retro style... Don't regret purchasing this beast. Wish I had more power, but I can fix that with aftermarket stuff.

Always gives me a smile
By Adam on 05/16/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When the new design Mustang came out in ’05 – I just loved the looks. Well, I decided to build one just the way I wanted, and ordered an 06 GT convertible with every option except the auto trans (how dare you !?) and the 1000 watt stereo (I wanted as much truck space as possible). Well, I love it. The build quality is great. The performance is exhilarating. And it is always fun, fun, fun. A few issues were taken care of by the dealer - he bent over backwards to them make right. The car just works. And looks great doing it. I’m even surprised about how well the resale value has kept up.

2006 GT Convertable
By Mark J on 04/03/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We purchased this car one year old, and it has been fantastic in reliability and retro style. Love the convertable roof, stereo is very good (shaker 500), and the car drives extremely well. We traded a very unreliable and quirky Mazda rx8 for this car, and every time I turn the key the Mustang jumps to life and is eager to run. The car handles very well considering its size and gives the driver a confident feel of the road, always in control. A 1500 mile trip to the coast turned in 26 mpg which is great considering the HP/Size (way better than the RX8 too). In town average is around 18 mpg.

Most Fun for the Dollar
By Andrew Rheude on 02/16/07 10:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Start-up sound makes you swoon. Exterior styling is perfect. Interior comfort (front seats only) is impeccable. Performance is fabulous. As you can tell, this car is all about emotion. I drove it to Florida in late November with plans to stop halfway for the night. But the car was so much fun to drive that I kept going. Twenty hours later I reached my destination and still wanted to keep driving. Of the 51 vehicles that have passed through my hands in the last thirty-five years, this is the most enjoyable. Note: With only 8300 miles, and being stored during the winter, I cannot truthfully report on longer-term reliability.

Live axle
By 38 yrs ford Tech. on 01/13/07 11:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am a Ford/Lincoln Mercury Tech for 38 years. I have owned three Lincoln Mercury MK-VIII 's and compared to this Mustang, Ford missed the mark . The handling is not near as good compared to the MK-VIII. I have taken curves on a every day basis at high speeds and the Mustang will feel loose in the rear end. This is due to the live axle. The Mustang is a fun car and quick, but would have better handling with an independent suspension. But all in all this is a very fun car to drive for a 58 year old young man. Note - the Mustang will pass just about everything except a GAS STATION.

My Best Car in Twenty Years
By Daisy on 12/23/06 05:11 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What a great car! Tons of speed, a roomy interior, great sound system, and good mileage. The convertible top is a cinch to operate. And the car is a real head-turner! Expect to get a lot of attention when you're driving one of these.

Amazing Car - Too much fun
By Darrell on 07/12/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive and very comfortable during distance driving. I've owned it 2 months and still can't get the smile off my face. The only negative is the interior. The plastic is cheap but the overall car makes up for it. The car is a head-turner.

Fun to drive
By paul on 04/05/06 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Sept. of 05 and have only put 700 miles on it, but what fun miles they've been! Best bang for the buck by far. Handling, acceleration, braking and that infectious eye appeal are just some of the highs you'll have while driving this all American beauty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.