Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My Little Pony
By Bigwig

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car Aug '02 before any pictures were available of the hood that was different from earlier models. Was pleasantly surprised with the 'newer' hood style (similar to 99 Cobra). Had a horrible howling noise from the rear end in less than 5000 miles which was replaced. I got the Dark Shadow Grey exterior which is the absolute prettiest color on a sunny day, and the absolute plainest color on a cloudy day. I put on a cat-back dual exhaust from Kenny Brown performance which adds a couple HP, deeper exhaust note and dresses up the rear with the nice polished SS tips. I also slapped on the Mach1 chin spoiler which gives it a nice front end appearance.

Favorite Features

Dark Shadow Grey Paint is a head turner on a sunny day. This is a great body style, even people with the 2005+ cars give compliments.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic door panels look cheap. V6 cars should have factory optional dual exhaust. Ponies should have duals.

Great Driving
By George

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost 2 years. Had to have one transmission put in, other than that no problems. Go to car shows and even took 3rd place with it. It runs great.

Favorite Features

V 8 power and 5 speed transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More power and heated seats.

Bang for your buck...
By Scott

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is my second Mustang. My first Cobra. I am in love with this car. It is a head turner and a blast to drive. I would recommend this car for the most bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

I love the power in this car. It is a total joy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better shocks in the rear. Too much wheel hop.

I love it!
By 03stangboy

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 V6 Coupe in Nov 2004, with only 17000 miles on it. It is now May 2006 and I've put nearly 22000 miles on it since I bought it. Not a single problem has shown up. Nothing has broken. I change my oil regularly and service my air filter when necessary. I get great performance for my uses. I'm a college student, and driving home on the holidays is such a joy in my Mustang. I think its a GREAT car for anyone. Mine is black, so it has definitely forced me to learn about proper car care and I'm glad for it. I've entered several local car shows and everyone who looks at my car compliments me on how clean it is. The Mustang V6 is a great car for anyone!

Favorite Features

I love the Mach 460 sound system. It really surprises people who ride in my car. They don't expect a Mustang that ISN'T a GT to have such a great sound system, but it does! I also love the design. Its such a great, edgy look that I think really works for the Mustang. The interior is pleasant as well

Suggested Improvements

I would only suggest a little more power, but with so many aftermarket parts available for this model Mustang, more power is very easy to achieve on your own.

Dreamcar
By Seraphim990

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The best car in the market at the price they sell for. A sports car with 390 HP for less than $35,000.00, WOW. Very fun to drive. This car attracts attention everywhere I go. Yes, it turns a lot of heads in town. The Eaton supercharger sounds really nice when you punch it. That's what this car was made for. And finally, a Mustang has to be the most upgrade friendly car in the market.

Favorite Features

Supercharger, embroidered Cobra on suede seats w/ Italian leather. Terminator package i.e. hood, spoiler. Strong & loud motor.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's an SVT. SVT cars spoil the driver.