2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Still excited about driving th

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Still excited about driving this car
By Woot on

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

After 6 years, its still a thrill to drive this car. This car is my daily driver, and it has never let me down. Only maintenance problem that I have ever had was a fuel filter replacement ($200). If you want to keep the stock tires on it (Goodyear Eagles z-rated), be prepared to shell out some cash. Average z-rated tires last about 20-25K before needing replacement. The car seems to get lighter in the front at higher speeds, but then settles down around 70-80. Very throaty exhaust with tight suspension for turning. Finally, I've never lacked power to get out of the path of bad drivers. The 265 horses it comes with, makes it feel like the muscle car it was designed to be.

Overall muscular look (only if you keep the z-rated, wide tires on - otherwise it would look wimpy). Comfy interior, kicking stereo, tight suspension, power at the fingertips.

Lose the rear spoiler, change the position of cup holders (other reviewers are right, two cups of java get in the way and you can't shift), make the door panels more attractive and lose the mini-indentions placed for style (at least I think they were). Trunk is okay, but layout could be better.