Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Most Helpful|
Oh Boy
By Mike`

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The ride was incredible the comfort was out of this world. Then the engine light came on. Engineer flies in from GM, to find what he feels is a clearance problem with the head. We had the car for almost two weeks and has been at the shop for almost two and half weeks. He is not even sure a new head will fix the problem. I hope GM stands behind their product. 1,500 miles on vehicle

Favorite Features

Interior and the accessories are great. Cannot wait to take on vacation.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable captain chairs in the rear of vehicle.

Transmission Ruins Enjoyment
By Monica Ryan

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Enclave after two suburbans and wanted a more luxurious vehicle with better gas mileage. I have been quite disappointed on both points. The transmission shifts randomly and feels like the entire car is going to stop at times. It is currently being repaired and I plan to sell it as soon as I can get it to run better. The car makes an awful grinding noise under the hood on acceleration and in turns which I have been told is normal. I have had two people ride with me lately and ask me what is wrong with the car. The car does not leave one with a feeling of confidence or satisfaction.

Favorite Features

I love the way it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Apply stainproofing to the seats so jeans do not leave the seats blue. Lessen the grinding noise from the transmission. Make the transmission shift more smoothly and less often.

bleeding ears
By Jerry Eisenzimmer

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With rear windows down air pressure fluctuations pound on your ears and is so painful it will make you cry. Had i known this before it would have been a deal breaker. Buick knew about because they already had a memo out on the problem.

Suggested Improvements

redesign the body, doors, windows, whatever is causing the problem

New Enclave Engine Problems
By Stranded in Seattle

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really wish I could love my new Enclave. This is my first GM purchase and my first American car. What a frustrating and disappointing experience, so far. In less than a month since taking delivery of my new 2009 Buick Enclave CXL AWD, and with less than 800 miles logged on the vehicle, my new car has been in for service three times for the same engine vibration problem. The fuel injection system has been cleaned, fuel injector and ignition coil replaced and now the service techs are "looking more deeply into the cylinder head and valve train." (YIKES!) Vehicle downtime now stands at an abysmal 50%, since taking delivery. I was so hopeful for GM, but this car simply doesn't work.

Favorite Features

Seating for 3 passengers in the 3rd row (versus 2 in other crossovers) 2nd row console Navigation system and voice choice Cooled front seats Surprisingly tight turning radius Backup camera

Suggested Improvements

Power tailgate should stop midway (to open the tailgate but avoid hitting garage apparatus). OnStar's Navigation instructions should download into and use the installed Nav. system's voice s/w. Wish car phone button accepted forwarded calls from my cell. I wish ALL doors auto unlocked in Park

not as advertised
By schomeboy

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car in "clunker" trade-in deal. My wife fell in love with this car based on the interior and quiet ride. she was correct on both. however, after 4 months we see a couple of issues. first, gas mileage is 15-20 not 17-24 as advertised! No different than the "clunker" we had. took it back to dealer and of course found nothing wrong. had to put foam strips on underside of garage door because rear door lifts too high and bangs on bottom of garage door. ill designed. no clothes hook on second row seats. to hang clothes you have to use hook by 3rd row seats and it is difficult to get to. nice car overall, but I would look at others before investing this much money.

Favorite Features

ride, quiet, interior plushness, On- Star, XM radio

Suggested Improvements

Redesign rear door to allow to work in normal garages. Add clothes hook by 2nr row seats. Improve gas mileage to at least what is advertised!!