Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Luxurious Ride
By Connie

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car EXCEPT for the fuel economy. We went for something a little smaller than our Suburban to hopefully improve economy while still having enough seating for 6 passengers if needed (rarely). The car only gets about 12 mpg in town. On flat interstate it can get 22-24 mpg. Chrome on dash is attractive but a problem with glare while driving. Otherwise, we love the car - great ride on those Michelin tires.

Smoothe, quiet ride!

Fuel economy needs improvement - not as advertised!

Love my buick enclave
By jack rezai

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM won me back with this SUV! The interior and exterior quality is excellent. I had an 08 highlander before my buick, and the quality was not even close. seats are very comfortable and very supportive. Driving this vehicle is a joy. Ride is smooth, comfortable, stable and quiet even in high winds. AWD system works perfectly. I live in Calgary, AB, Canada, and the AWD, Stabilitytrack, and traction control system provides stable and comfortable ride. I have not gotten stuck in snow and mudd even once. My sister with her subaru SUV got stuck, I didn't. This vehicle has lots of rooms! Love the look and the style. Welcome Back GM! Great work :)

Bluetooth is an awesome feature and works perfectly. Back center console, adjustable headlights, sounds system quality, wood trim, 110 V outlet is very useful. heated and cooled seats, and On star service of course

the transmission can be hesitant to shift down sometimes for quick passing. Might require pedal to metal to downshift. Fuel economy is NOT bad, but it's not the best either. But still I love my Buick

Solid but not stellar
By Freddy K

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car looks great and lots of compliments. Gas Mileage is not that great. Seats need more support. Very smooth and quiet. Car need more power and better transmission. GM Navigation is bad. We have an Acura MDX and Lexus GS with Nav systems that are light years better than the GM system.

Smooth and Quiet. Great looks and chrome wheels are great.

Better seats, more power and better transmission

re-calibrate your tranny.
By charlie

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is short and sweet.I love my enclave.Love the looks, ride, comfort,and all the extras.Was not crazy about tranny shifting so much. Checked around and found out that your dealer can change something on the computer and your car won't shift as much. Didn't take long to do and it sure makes a difference. I think there is a bulletin put out by Buick if your dealer wants to know about it. All you guys with tranny stories, check it out.It does make a difference. It won't shift as much. I hope this helps.

Everything.

Camera in mirror is distracting.No shade for cargo area.

Great ride
By don

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle after I read 50 reviews and some test drives. Other folks have done a great job of describing the joys of an Enclave. I have experienced mileage as high as 28 on flat road 55mph and no traffic. Typical on interstate at 70 is 23-24 if you keep your foot steady. 2 complaints- tires extremely noisy on some roads. I drive with both feet and periodically, if my foot is resting on the brake when I accelerate, the vehicle jumps. Have had a couple close calls. I now make sure my foot is off the brake. Dealer says my brake foot is confusing the throttle computer causing it to feed in more gas. One Toyota has same problem.

Ride-space-looks-mileage-features-value

Quieter tires- check out brake throttle problem because this is dangerous