2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Base Enclave CXL
By alvanhill on 08/18/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Finally a salesperson listened and found a base vehicle for me to buy. The Enclave CXL FWD compares favorably with our 08 Lexus ES in comfort and quiet ride and has all the equipment I wanted without $$$'s in options. The six speed tranny takes some getting used to and I wish the drivers seat cushion gave more thigh support but this is a very nice vehicle for the money. More mpg would be nice but I think the DI engine will regulate that. At 7,000 miles the car delivers 24 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph.

Sweet!
By Bryan Wagstaff on 08/12/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Jaguar Vanden Plas and Chevy Astro and wanted a vehicle that combined the best of both. I found it in the Enclave. I now have the luxury of the Jag and the cargo/towing capabilities of the Astro. I also need an AWD/4WD vehicle to get me to my mountain cabin in the winter. The Enclave thus far has proven to be a sturdy, well built, fun to drive vehicle. There is so much about it that I like it's hard to know where to begin. However, of all the reviews I have read no one has mentioned the remarkable turning radius of the vehicle.

No More Imports For Us!
By NewClave on 08/03/09 17:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely can't believe that I am saying this, but this Buick is the most amazingly comfortable and stylish vehicle we have ever owned. Coming from many Japanese SUV's (Toyotas and Nissans) we had boiled it down to a Lexus RX350, Audi Q5, and the Acura MDX, when we passed an Enclave on the road one day and my wife said... what was that. We were at the Buick dealership 30 minutes later, and after a test drive my wife fell in love. It doesn't even sound right when I say we bought a Buick, but this is no Buick of yesteryear. Way to go GM!

Love it! Traded in my BMW
By briget on 08/03/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's been about a month and half so far and I'm really enjoying my new Enclave! We bought it new at 77 mi. and now have over 5K. I traded in my BMW 750il 2000 to go SUV because of the extra seats & AWD for ski season & long distance trips. The only reason I scored lower on performance is because I previously owned a sports car. :) The other gripe is the fuel mileage. It's been averaging about 21 mi. per gallon. I drive approximately 800 mi. per week. Otherwise, we love our new car!

Sluggish acelleration
By mike on 08/03/09 09:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Transmission seems to hesitate frequently. Major black residue at exit of muffler pipes. Service adviser says the vehicle is not broken in yet, it has 5000klm on it.

Looks good but a few issues
By Hollis Stavn on 07/25/09 17:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The angle of the headrest tilts too far forward forcing my neck to not be able to be straight when driving. This is a design problem with this car. Another issue is that the cover for the sun roof is a screen only which lets some heat through so even with the sunroof closed you can feel the heat coming through on your head and also heating up the car. I have the basic sound package which is anemic in volume output. There is only one power outlet on the front console. There is a compartment on the dash which looks like it is a place to put glasses but being under the windshield will likely melt them in the heat. I traded a Rendezvous for this and the Rendezvous was actually a sportier drive.

GM is making a Quality Buick SUV
By Happy on 06/29/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We had a Ford Edge and we loved it , This vehicle is more expensive but the ride and interior are superior.The 0% financing is great.

Best of the Best
By CollegeProf on 06/26/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car replaced a Lexus RX-300 and a Lexus sedan. Our cars were over 10 years old and we really loved our Lexus. I can't believe how great this car is. It drives around town like a dream. I don't think you will need the running board step assist. We have kids and my 5' 3" wife doesn't have any problems getting in and out. This is really well built. The Lexus had some cool - gee whiz features that the Lexus doesn't, but overall I think this Buick better. Good job GM!!

A solid and reliable car
By phil on 06/23/09 04:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 7 years without any problems in a Highlander, I switched to the Enclave AWD. Features, past experience (I had two Buicks I drove as Federal law enforcement officer averaging 70K per year without any problems)price and 0% financing, it was a no brainer. I also did some checking on the dealer and found another Enclave owner near where I live and he had very good experience with the dealer. I have had the car now two months and still think I made the right choice. The only thing I could think of to improve would be the mileage, although it comes close to the EPA standard. As of today (June 23rd) I have a little over 2000 miles without any problems.

Went from Lexus RX to this! LOVE IT!
By Jeff on 06/14/09 19:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We came out of the Lexus and wanted something with more room, but NOT a minivan. We test drove so many new cars recently, and saw this car on lot and asked about it. I was cautious because of the name Buick reminded me of my Dad's car. Once we got in the car, I was shocked how nice everything was. The test drive was amazing!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Buick Enclave in VA is:

$116 per month*