Used 2009 Buick Enclave CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Enclave Woes!
By vsabre

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Enclave in 2012 and in the first year I owned it, I have had the following problems: 1. Timing Chain, 2. Water pump, 3. Front Struts, 4. Rack and Pinion, 5. Power Steering Pump, 6. Engine Mount, 7. Washer fluid pump and 8 Transmission. And since the car never goes more than one week without a check engine light coming on (which disables the remote start), the remote start is not available most of the time. Other than that, I love the car.

Why won't the dealerships tell me?
By ybayless

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just want to know what is wrong this time. I've spent 2000 on my car in the last 6 weeks and the problems still exist. I don't want to spend another dime until I know that my car will be fixed. There are a lot of problems with this model vehicle, but I still love it. I will have to get rid of it anyway since I can no longer reccomend it to my friends. GMC should be ashamed of themselves. They should feel responsible for all the money and extra problems that they cause loyal patrons to spend. I feel duped.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, excellent space. Ride is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Recall and replace problem parts. This car is a lemon.

Luxurious Ride
By Connie

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car EXCEPT for the fuel economy. We went for something a little smaller than our Suburban to hopefully improve economy while still having enough seating for 6 passengers if needed (rarely). The car only gets about 12 mpg in town. On flat interstate it can get 22-24 mpg. Chrome on dash is attractive but a problem with glare while driving. Otherwise, we love the car - great ride on those Michelin tires.

Favorite Features

Smoothe, quiet ride!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy needs improvement - not as advertised!

Over-hyped
By Trav1

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this as a rental on a business trip from Detroit to Louisville. I find this to be a great way to really test drive a vehicle. Very nice vehicle but the EPA MPG rating is not even close. Actual pure highway MPG 20 at best. This was with the cruise control with average speed around 65- 70. The vehicle had around 1500 miles on it. The transmission tends to shift at lot which I found anoying. This is a very nice highway vehicle. Overall quality appeared to be high. Great vehicle for entertaining clients.

Favorite Features

Nice ride. Very comfortable. Nice plush interior with plenty of room for passengers. Plenty of nice features..leather, heated seats etc. but that is all expected in this vehicle class. Nice handling.

Suggested Improvements

Let's try truth in advertising regarding MPG. Transmission/engine match seems off. Too much shifting even in conservative driving situations.

Highly Recommended Crossover
By David Thomas

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Enclave for one year now. I am very pleased with the quality and comfort of this crossover. Buick has made a true luxury vechicle at a great price. After researching the Audi Q7, Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes, and other fine luxury SUVs/ Crossovers, the Enclave offered the most value for all the luxury ammenities.

Favorite Features

On-Star is a must have. I will never purchase a car without On-Star. It is a must have feature. The turn by turn On- Star feature makes a touch screen navigation system unnessary. It is easier to use than a touch screen navigation system and you can keep your eyes on the road while talking to On

Suggested Improvements

Improved city gas milage