2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Enclave Woes!
By vsabre on 02/26/14 08:23 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Enclave in 2012 and in the first year I owned it, I have had the following problems: 1. Timing Chain, 2. Water pump, 3. Front Struts, 4. Rack and Pinion, 5. Power Steering Pump, 6. Engine Mount, 7. Washer fluid pump and 8 Transmission. And since the car never goes more than one week without a check engine light coming on (which disables the remote start), the remote start is not available most of the time. Other than that, I love the car.

Why won't the dealerships tell me?
By ybayless on 03/02/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just want to know what is wrong this time. I've spent 2000 on my car in the last 6 weeks and the problems still exist. I don't want to spend another dime until I know that my car will be fixed. There are a lot of problems with this model vehicle, but I still love it. I will have to get rid of it anyway since I can no longer reccomend it to my friends. GMC should be ashamed of themselves. They should feel responsible for all the money and extra problems that they cause loyal patrons to spend. I feel duped.

Luxurious Ride
By Connie on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car EXCEPT for the fuel economy. We went for something a little smaller than our Suburban to hopefully improve economy while still having enough seating for 6 passengers if needed (rarely). The car only gets about 12 mpg in town. On flat interstate it can get 22-24 mpg. Chrome on dash is attractive but a problem with glare while driving. Otherwise, we love the car - great ride on those Michelin tires.

Over-hyped
By Trav1 on 01/15/10 07:11 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this as a rental on a business trip from Detroit to Louisville. I find this to be a great way to really test drive a vehicle. Very nice vehicle but the EPA MPG rating is not even close. Actual pure highway MPG 20 at best. This was with the cruise control with average speed around 65- 70. The vehicle had around 1500 miles on it. The transmission tends to shift at lot which I found anoying. This is a very nice highway vehicle. Overall quality appeared to be high. Great vehicle for entertaining clients.

Highly Recommended Crossover
By David Thomas on 12/27/09 13:50 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Enclave for one year now. I am very pleased with the quality and comfort of this crossover. Buick has made a true luxury vechicle at a great price. After researching the Audi Q7, Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes, and other fine luxury SUVs/ Crossovers, the Enclave offered the most value for all the luxury ammenities.

not as advertised
By schomeboy on 11/23/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car in "clunker" trade-in deal. My wife fell in love with this car based on the interior and quiet ride. she was correct on both. however, after 4 months we see a couple of issues. first, gas mileage is 15-20 not 17-24 as advertised! No different than the "clunker" we had. took it back to dealer and of course found nothing wrong. had to put foam strips on underside of garage door because rear door lifts too high and bangs on bottom of garage door. ill designed. no clothes hook on second row seats. to hang clothes you have to use hook by 3rd row seats and it is difficult to get to. nice car overall, but I would look at others before investing this much money.

CITY GAS MILAGE
By JWL on 10/12/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buick claims a city gas milage of 17 mpg on the EPA sticker. In straight city driving under the most conservative starts and stops my Enclave gets an averave of 11.7 MPG. I have provided the dealership the gas receipts and milage. The fact is that the 6 speed electrocic transmission holds the car in 2nd gear at 30 miles an hour causing the engine to Tach at a steady 1900 RPM. When the car passes 40 MPH the Tach drops to 1200 RPM. I was contacted by GM's Division Manager who told me that is how the transmission is calibrated and there is nothing they can do about it. I bought this car based on the fuel estimates and I feel that they should be able to produce what they advertise. 31% less.

Base Enclave CXL
By alvanhill on 08/18/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Finally a salesperson listened and found a base vehicle for me to buy. The Enclave CXL FWD compares favorably with our 08 Lexus ES in comfort and quiet ride and has all the equipment I wanted without $$$'s in options. The six speed tranny takes some getting used to and I wish the drivers seat cushion gave more thigh support but this is a very nice vehicle for the money. More mpg would be nice but I think the DI engine will regulate that. At 7,000 miles the car delivers 24 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph.

Love it! Traded in my BMW
By briget on 08/03/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's been about a month and half so far and I'm really enjoying my new Enclave! We bought it new at 77 mi. and now have over 5K. I traded in my BMW 750il 2000 to go SUV because of the extra seats & AWD for ski season & long distance trips. The only reason I scored lower on performance is because I previously owned a sports car. :) The other gripe is the fuel mileage. It's been averaging about 21 mi. per gallon. I drive approximately 800 mi. per week. Otherwise, we love our new car!

GM is making a Quality Buick SUV
By Happy on 06/29/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We had a Ford Edge and we loved it , This vehicle is more expensive but the ride and interior are superior.The 0% financing is great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Buick Enclave in WA is:

$140 per month*