2014 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Excellent SUV
By liaisonnco on 11/15/14 11:47 AM (PST)

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2014 Acura MDX for over 4 months and have not experienced any of the issues (i.e. Cylinder Management System (VCM noise) mentioned in previous reviews. I truly enjoy driving this vehicle. It's a comfortable, quite riding and maneuverable vehicle. I believe the price matches the quality of this vehicle. Hopefully the quality and reliability will match my expectations in the future, but for now I'm fully satisfied with this MDX.

Love my MDX but would hesitate to buy again
By johnra on 08/23/14 09:24 AM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great family car with plenty of room, power, fuel efficiency, safety features, and style. For these reasons I am very happy with my purchase. However, there are enough quirks that I would hesitate to buy an MDX again. There is an odd noise the car makes when shifting from 3 to 6 cylinders; the lumbar adjustments on the front driver seat are too limited; sound quality from the radio is pathetic; and I have heard awful things about the in car nav (thankfully I did not waste my money on this). All cars have quirks but these are too many for a car in this price range. I get the sense Acura rushed this out the door - a lesson learned for me in buying the first year of a new model.

no spare tire!
By johnkim575 on 07/12/14 04:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Be warned that there is no spare tire on some models. I found out the hard way that Acura has put in a tire inflator/gel rather than a spare tire. What should have been a 15 minute tire change turned out into a 5 hours ordeal where Acura wanted me to have the car towed to a dealership because the puncture on my tire was larger than "nail" size. What would have happened if I was on a road trip with no acura dealership near by because Acura road side service will only tow to an Acura dealership? If you don't tow to a dealership YOU pay to have it towed. A car that nearly costs 50K should have a spare tire/donut.

Beware of noise (VCM or modulator?)
By lbjr51 on 07/02/14 20:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is comfortable to drive other than the fact that one must put up with an irritating noise that Acura refuses to fix (5 in all categories otherwise). Some have described the noise as being similar to "a cell phone in vibrate mode going off on a hard surface." My understanding is the noise is identified as being from the Variable Cylinder Management System (VCM) switching from 3 cylinders to 6 cylinders. Unfortunately, the noise gets louder over time. Acura contends it is the all wheel drive unit modulator activating. It apparently is also noted on other Honda models like the RDX, Pilot and Odyssey. At the minimum, Acura's dealers should be required to disclose this issue.

Multiple Acura owner
By geomey on 06/16/14 13:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX Advance and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a 2003, 2007, and 2010 Acura MDX all with the top of the line package. I have been very satisfied with all of the vehicles except for one area. The tire balance vibration in the 2007 and 2010 Acura drove me crazy. Everything else worked extremely well. The vibration caused me to purchase a 2013 Lexus RX 350 which was a quieter and smoother riding although smaller. We recently checked out a 2014 MDX and were blown away by the improvement in ride and road noise. The ride is better than the RX, quieter and a substantially better handling vehicle. With the gas mileage we are getting we are extremely happy. You cannot buy a better 7 passenger SUV for any price.

Good SUV but Can be better
By icern on 06/13/14 01:44 AM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before i purchased the MDX, i test drove other SUV in or near this 7 seater class. From Explorers, Qx60 and Highlander etc. But it came down to two. The infiniti or the Accura. I went with the MDX. For the reason that it is more enjoyable to drive. Good suspension on minor bumps although the Adv Tech seems to be quiter that the other trims. It has A good Gas Mileage. I get 22 to 24 MPG Combined with more Bostonian/suburb driving than highway. The Interior does not feel cheap at all. Although the Center console looks outdated. It has pretty cool features like the flood lights and interior lighting are LED's. Safety is also good

"CAUTION"---MDX has a driver safety issue! :((
By flfeds on 06/10/14 13:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the MDX two weeks ago and took it on our first trip and was astonished at an interior design flaw. Heading west on a sunny day produced a significant amount of glare off the aluminum trim around the center console and the entertainment center.It was so distracting and bothersome to the driver that we had to cover the trim with articles of clothing.Dealership was notified their solution was to cover with electrical tape. Acura client relations was contacted their response was thx for feedback, no solution because its the design of the interior for the MDX.No other model has that reflective trim!Stay away,there r many other competitive choices.I will solve it with "DUCT TAPE" :(

BUYER BEWARE*LEMON ALERT**
By rollahead on 06/09/14 09:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 14 MDX/Tech 9 mo. Complaining since inception #1 Driver's windows rattle lowered a few inches #2 intermittent motor noise from behind dash with recent 3 second**Steering Wheel Lockup**. Dealer duplicated motor noise on 4th visit. Corporate tech advised dealer "they're aware of "issue" with steering motor, but don't have any solution at this time". Dealer advised car "normal" and I should pick it up!! Problem without solution=no repair? What could happen if the steering wheel locks up again? If you have this problem Please file your complaint immediately with National Highway Safety Administration 888-327-4236. BTW dealer said rattle windows is as per Acura design. Really?

The perfect car
By jianco on 05/26/14 20:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 14 MDX Tech (no AWD) last week and have driven 1000 miles already. AVERAGE MPG: 29!!!!!!!!!!!! Two other people in the car. Not even broken in yet. Driving at 65 to 75 mph. Incredible ride, ridiculous technology, insane value compared to the it peers, which are the Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mercedes GL450.

I Don't get all the negatives
By nukem4ever on 05/15/14 18:53 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

(AWD with tech and RES package) I have put 14000 miles on it so far, I drive a lot on highways and I find very little to dislike about it. It is a very quiet car, with a great transmission with perfectly in-tune shifting, it has fairly good acceleration. Sure it is a new model and some folks are going to have bear with the fact that new models will have some issues but those will most likely be ironed out easily. Honda makes excellent engines and the one in this car is no exception, I have driven this car almost daily for about a year and couldn't be happier, but I guess you have to drive it to appreciate how great the ride is

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Acura MDX in VA is:

$140 per month*