Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best Truck Ever........
By NKY

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought truck used in Oct. 2005 with 76K and have driven daily since then. Unfailingly reliable and built like a tank. Drives like a big Camry, far better than our Honda Pilot. Hauls anything in reason in total comfort. It's a bit of a gas guzzler, but what full-size 4wd pickup isn't? Can't wait to upgrade to a newer model!

Great ride and drivability. More than powerful enough for almost anything. It doesn't drive like a truck.

A little thirsty.

Toyota Tundra Rides On
By Bob

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Sold my 93 4WD pick up with 233,000 miles. Purchased this for $8500 with 111,000 miles. After driving it for two month and through three blizzards I must say I'm impressed. It's eerie to drive through 3 feet of snow in almost total silence. I found the original invoice, close to 36,000. This is the Limited model with few features. Everything works as it should and the ride is much better then I expected. On highways you really don't know you're in a truck. Not a luxury ride but pretty good. In the meantime I look forward to many more miles. You can't expect to have a truck and not have maintenance costs. None so far but I believe in preventative maintenance.

Leather seats, good radio, power driver's seat, storage under back seat, easy one button 4WD. Everything works great.

The seats could be more comfortable but that's subjective. Other then that, nothing. This is close to the perfect truck.

Cracked manifolds
By blaine

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and started having problems after the first year. Wiring harness under spare tire burned off,the frond drive housing was not properly tightened and stripped the threads causing the 4wd to be replaced. the dealership said it was fixed and it happened again,so i took it to a back yard mechanic and he fixed it again replacing the frond drive AGAIN. Then cracked manifolds. check your rear bumper it is also probably rusted off. MY LAST TOYOTA.

rides great.

better warranty.

Solid and reliable
By jtb

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love Toyotas and will always own at least one. 100% reliable is why they get my business. However, this truck is weak and a total gas hog. Not made for pulling anything heavier than a jon boat. Look for to owning a full size Tundra.

Comfort and reliability.

More hp and better fuel economy.

Love It
By Love It

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have over 130k on my truck and it still runs like a champ. I've never had any problems with it... not even one. I only change my oil once or twice a year and I beat the heck out of it but can't seem to break it. I'll own this truck until it dies and then I'll buy another Tundra. There are some minor changes that I made. I added a rear leaf springs because the stock one was two light for hauling loads. Also I didn't like the look of the front end pointing downward so I added body leveling rings. Finally I added some tougher looking wheels.

Chrome bumpers. Just simply "solid". The ride is quite.

The truck is a little too soft when it comes to looks and hauling loads. Toyota should make a tougher looking truck and raise the front end. Heaver rear springs would be a nice stock option. Also I'd like the option of a manual transmittion in the V8.