Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Not as good as I thought I was getting
By molly1206

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Used to LeSabre. Avy does not have as many features, has a motor whine, and windows stick; trunk whams when closing. Overall ride is smooth, gas is good. Info display very limited. 1st and last; back to Buick. More bang for the buck.

Back-up mirror, seat re-set controls, fastened floor mats, pass through from trunk to back seat area.

More info features (tire status, traction, better gas gauge, etc.). Quieter trunk closure. Better window retraction.

Noise & Handling Problems Etc.
By mrfinnigan

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Road noise is excessive, I believe it is because of the Bridgestone tires. Also it is difficult to keep car from drifting all over the lane expecially when there is a little breeze.

There is no valet lockout for trunk.

Volume speed control on radio does not work.

Can't see display on radio in daylight.

Can't hear directional signal.

Put good quality Michelin tires on. Install lockout switch for trunk. I beleive poor quality tires are responsable for handling problems.

2nd one, and love it more!
By ncee

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well my 2008 Touring Model was nice, but bot, this 2011 Limited Edition is just great.

I would have never expected it to be that much smoother, quieter, more comfortable then the '08, but man IT IS!

Now I had been considering a used LS 460 L, and if they had come to my terms, I would be owning one. Not sure if this would have been a bad / good thing.

The LS L was a 2008 with 22,000 miles (45,000 less then my Avalon), and a great car, but a bit more and I had a budget I was going to stay with.

Now the local Toyota dealer had just purchased a lot of promotional / print matter from us, so it did sway me a bit.

Bottom line, right now I Love the car. Is there things I'd like changed - yes

Smooth, Quiet, comfortable, roomy, classy looking, nice sound system

A bit louder then I'd like at highway speeds. In town it's very quiet, but I drive more on the highway. A bit more quality control wouldn't hurt. A few pieces inside don't line up great. Don't know for sure, but my drivers seat seems like the seams are going to rip on the outside left side of the seat, where I sit down when getting into the car? Bigger trunk - maybe a Avalon Limited L series car:) I'd like the information back in the center panel like my 2008 had it.

poor pannel fit
By lizard533

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pannel fit is realy bad. Cabin is very very noisey driving on windy days. Good mileage 23-30. great power and smooth motor but so what noisey.
my 08 ltd was about the same while 95 avy was a whole lot better all around, Need to start making then in
JAPAN AGAIN!!
BY till later.

Excellent Sedan
By s56ping

I love this car.
I have had if for two months and have put about 7000 miles on it.
Having come from an SUV the last 15 years, the ride on the Avalon is a big plus.

I really like the cabin room, smooth transmission and engine, and the overall classy interior.

I have been averaging about 23 mpg combined, and have seen 29 mpg on the interstate.

The radio and controls are easy to view and use.

I have the base radio and its works great and even sounds great for a standard system.

The only issue that I have is I could use a little more trunk room.

Larger Trunk. A little more headroom.