Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

2011 Avalon (Great car, Horrible dealership services)
By avalon_lova

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Avalon. The suspension is smooth without the floaty ride. Rear seat legroom (roomier in class), adjustable rear seat comfort is a nice touch. Great car to own if you have a personal driver. A/C and Nav controls are intuitive and easy to operate. Only tech missing is the adaptive cruise control.

Rear window automatic sunshade and Nav/Bluetooth sound system. One can make or receive ph calls from the car steering controls. One can also listen to a Bluetooth player (DroidX) songs thru Bluetooth connection.

Much better dealer support. My local dealers are useless. If I would of let Toyota know how bad my local dealers are. Since the cat would be out of the hat, they would get even worst. Frustrating for sure. I'll be going for a Lexus next time for better service and support. Plz Toyota, add adaptive cruise control. We would pay for it anyway.

Uniformed of truth on batterys
By determined2

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2011 Avalon in May 2010. Constant dead battery's. Cannot leave car over 4 days without jumping it. Not informed this is constant problem with this vehicle as it appears it is being hidden. Have much documentation but they will not put their statements in writing. Sticker price was $47,000 and it started just 10 days after taking possession of vehicles. Beware of Toyota Avalons! All back up documentation available . Toyota is ignoring this problem , It will not go away!

Nice car .... Not reliable

Make it reliable .... so battery does not automatically go dead when parked for 48 hours.

Not as good as I thought I was getting
By molly1206

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Used to LeSabre. Avy does not have as many features, has a motor whine, and windows stick; trunk whams when closing. Overall ride is smooth, gas is good. Info display very limited. 1st and last; back to Buick. More bang for the buck.

Back-up mirror, seat re-set controls, fastened floor mats, pass through from trunk to back seat area.

More info features (tire status, traction, better gas gauge, etc.). Quieter trunk closure. Better window retraction.

Noise & Handling Problems Etc.
By mrfinnigan

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Road noise is excessive, I believe it is because of the Bridgestone tires. Also it is difficult to keep car from drifting all over the lane expecially when there is a little breeze.

There is no valet lockout for trunk.

Volume speed control on radio does not work.

Can't see display on radio in daylight.

Can't hear directional signal.

Put good quality Michelin tires on. Install lockout switch for trunk. I beleive poor quality tires are responsable for handling problems.

2nd one, and love it more!
By ncee

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well my 2008 Touring Model was nice, but bot, this 2011 Limited Edition is just great.

I would have never expected it to be that much smoother, quieter, more comfortable then the '08, but man IT IS!

Now I had been considering a used LS 460 L, and if they had come to my terms, I would be owning one. Not sure if this would have been a bad / good thing.

The LS L was a 2008 with 22,000 miles (45,000 less then my Avalon), and a great car, but a bit more and I had a budget I was going to stay with.

Now the local Toyota dealer had just purchased a lot of promotional / print matter from us, so it did sway me a bit.

Bottom line, right now I Love the car. Is there things I'd like changed - yes

Smooth, Quiet, comfortable, roomy, classy looking, nice sound system

A bit louder then I'd like at highway speeds. In town it's very quiet, but I drive more on the highway. A bit more quality control wouldn't hurt. A few pieces inside don't line up great. Don't know for sure, but my drivers seat seems like the seams are going to rip on the outside left side of the seat, where I sit down when getting into the car? Bigger trunk - maybe a Avalon Limited L series car:) I'd like the information back in the center panel like my 2008 had it.