Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Rattling Noise
By Rattling Noise

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had my 2008 Rogue SL AWD - best value with all the amenities - leather seats, bluetooth, XM radio, however from Day 1 they cannot seem to get rid of the "Rattling" noise under the drivers seat. I was told it is the CVT. They have changed the transmission at Warranty costs. I have received a Nissan memo that they have found a fix. Took my car 4x to dealership but still no fix. I am about ready to swap with 2010 model. Will stick with Rogue because I love it.

Built in Bluetooth Bose stereo system with XM radio Heated seats Fog lights, xenon lights tinted windows...love everything!

I'm Trading in My Rogue
By Chris in NY

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My main issue with the Rogue is the poor visibility. I am also frustrated that I am unable to tow a 1500 T@B camper comfortably, despite the fact that I purchased the SL with all the extra Towing features, giving it a rating up to 3000 pounds. Oddly, when I roll down the back window without rolling down the front window, a strange vibration occurs. The seats show every stain and are uncomfortable. The voice recognition on the Bluetooth has never worked right. I loathe the little joy stick for adjusting the mirrors. When I purchased this car, I loved it. Then I noticed one little thing after another. I'm trading it in.

Bluetooth. Quiet. Computer trip options.

Square off back end to improve visibility and storage capacity, Improve Torque for towing, Add side storage compartments, Get seats to fold down flat, Seats are uncomfortable and fabric does not hide dirt. Improve actual towing capacity. Use normal controls for mirrors. Improve Bluetooth VR.

Whistling Windows
By Debra Engel

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

For 2 1/2 years now we have been trying to get the problem with the whistling windows resolved. I realize it takes someone to drive the car to hear it but that is their job. We have located the noise and have told them time and time again but it never gets resolved. We continue to have to listen to this annoying noise every time we go 60+ mph which is every day. My husband who drives the car to work is fed up with the inadequacy of getting this fixed and so am I since I am the one usually inconvenienced by the time it is left in the shop. I just don't get it in this economy that they don't want to take care of their existing customers. Especially since we bought a 2008 Altima Hybrid also.

The window/door insulation needs to be replaced. I don't think it takes rocket scientists just consideration of your customers.

Any ladies on the design team?
By Dabbo

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Fell in love with the Rogue from the tv commercial. Love being up high b/c I can see better. The Rogue is a perfect fit for someone short. I don't have to climb up to get in or slide down getting out. Handles well, but makes a funny noise in high winds, like wind shear around the windows or something. Couple of interior rattles the dealership doesn't want to fix - not happy about that, since they started within the first 6 months. Obviously no females on the design team - not enough 'nooks & crannies' for storage - have to use cup holders, then move stuff if I need to use them. Have had 3 recalls already...another negative. Probably won't buy another 1st. year model of anything again.

Bose 6-cd changer, cargo cover, rear cup holders

Not NEARLY enough close storage for the driver. Pockets in the door & behind the seat are not convenient if you're driving! Need more easily- accessible storage (other than console) for cell phone, ipod, etc. Blind spots are bad - 360 camera would be great.

Best for the Price
By mathews

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 08 Rogue in Sep 2008. After 1 1/2 yrs still I love the performance of my SL AWD. In this years worst winter in Philly my Rogue was running smooth without any traction problems. Never got stuck in ice. Never felt like driving in Ice. Fuel economy is incredible while driving long routes.I have been getting 27 hwy and around 23 in city. Plenty of room and comfortable seating providing a great ride on long trips. Also a great design giving a real sporty look . Over all Nissan Rogue is the " Best car for less price".

comfortable ride, better fuel economy, sporty look, better acceleration on hwys.