Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Quality, Dependability & Great Used Car
By fasteddie

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Pathfinder LE in July of 2007. There were quite a few other vehicles being considered at the time of purchase but I opted for the refinement, body style and luxurious appointments of the Pathfinder LE. To this day the only issue has been the intermittent check engine light that comes on. I believe it is the o2 sensor which will be checked out next week. I have hauled everything in my vehicle, even 4' x 8' sheets of plywood. Try doing that in some other suvs... My overall satisfaction is extremely high. A highly recommended vehicle for anyone who appreciates quality, comfort and reliability!

The Bose stereo, the heated leather seats, big cargo area and the sunroof.

Love my Pathfinder
By cagrrl1971

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I inherited my car from my sister in 2003 and it has been the best vehicle I have ever had. It has 150000 miles now and you can't even tell. We handle typhoon like rains here in Northern CA. I've driven it through the snow without hesitation. This car is so reliable. My mechanic and a couple guys at the oil change shop have said they'll buy it anytime I'm ready to sell. The only major problem I've had is the bushing pin went out right when I took over from my sister - I figured it was because she didn't know how to drive a manual transmission. No problems ever since. If they sold this model again I would buy it. When this one dies I'm buying the latest version of a Pathfinder.

Hwy mileage is 20-21/mpg at 65-70 mph. What other SUV can say that. Sleek design gets attention. My CD changer also ate some CD's. I don't care - now I have an IPOD with a BOSE system - AMAZING sound.

Rugged Sport SUV
By Ryan

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Owned Pathfinder for 1.5 years. Been 100% reliable, just regular maintenance. Gas mileage kinda stinks but you know before you purchase. Engine has loads of speed and torque. Truck has 58k on an 02 model, hopefully last and last... would recommend to a friend , in fact i have he bought a 2008 black se beautiful upgrades!!

Power, Reliability, Cargo, Exterior, Options, Thing flies for a SUV! It's the Maxima Motor stuffed into a heavy suv.

Bose 6 disc cd player is horrific!! what a piece! i love the steering wheels radio controls,but cd's skip all the time, can't live with it! Gas mileage, spare tire location, should be on back of trunk door

7 years and still going
By mikeh

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in 02. Have had to put very little money in it even with 125000+ miles. Drove it like I stole it in NC Beaches, Western MD Snow, and torrential downpouring T storms. This thing can handle the abuse. Well worth the money and can't see trading it in anytime soon. CD Changer is temperamental, has some CDs hostage now, but overall I can't complain.

awesome 4wd for sand, ruts, snow, etc. Fold flat seats.

none. This was the best thing out there in 2002. If they brought this model back, I would buy it again today. Hands down better than any newer real SUV my friends have now.

I love IT
By Gina Krueger

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissan a few month ago and I would have to say there is nothing about that disappoints me. I live in Great Falls Montana. It has been below zero temperatures. There is not a block heater on my Nissan and yet it has started every time.

Heated leather seats, sun roof.