Used 2003 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 217 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

03SE Ti Goes Like Stink!
By Maxim(a)Serj

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a lovely companion. The interior materials sing of quality and despite some cheaper parts (no true aluminum inserts) I find myself criticizing other car's interiors for not being as good. The Car will Surge and accelerate like a Bat from Hades all the way past 120 (even in the auto!) and if you can be gentle on the pedal; MPG can go from 26-32MPG (use premium for best results) The rear headroom is a bit tight for 6+ footers; thus the 9 on interior. I also downmarked the performance only because stock handling is harsh with too much lean. Selectable shocks and Performance swaybar WILL solve this. The Interior is also too noisy for me(prolly the Michelin Pilots I put on)anymore

Marvelous VQ Engine!! Xenon Headlamps; "shadow chrome" Ti Edition Rims, Polished Aluminum kick plates. Interior Textures and thick plastics. Subtle exterior styling and despite other's opinions I love the clear tail lamp bezels. they look very sharp and appear aftermarket on my Black Beauty.

Most of the improvements have already been cared for on the 2007 models EXCEPT having an AWD option or RWD; and they need a Killer 6-speed Auto like GMs as opposed to the CVT. After the 03s; the 04+ models have a tail that resembles a Saturn Ion. Return to the thicker interior Plastics PLEASE!!

If the Nissan Maxima 2003 is safe?
By nissan maxima

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i just love the way that my 2003 Nissan Maxima drives, handles, comfort,and all the special features of the interior as well as the outside. I like the color which is black exterior and gray interior. It is the very best car that I have had the pleasure of driving or owning and I couldn't be happier if it was a brand new car. I just love my car and wish just wish that I could one day own a new one if this one gives out on me. Thanks Nissan for such a jewel of a vehicle.

interior design, the wonderful stereo, the leather seats, interior lighting and everything

None

an aging athlete
By curtis

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My Nissan Maxima is a great car and has not given me any trouble it is a class act with unusual style,power and beauty, the Maxima seems more like an exotic with its hidden headlights and so many Maxima enthusiasts i.e. Maxima.org that bread and butter sedans like Camry and Accord don't have,not to mention the 350z engine for top of the line poerformance.

My favorite features are the 350z engine the high intensity headlights,the key fob remote that rolls the windows down and the rounded front end looking from the drivers seat looks more like a sports car.

the performance suspension bottoms out if a speed bump is taken fairly quickly,and instead of the cloth seats on my titanium edition SE there should be velour.

Awesome Car
By Maxima Fiend

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my maxima for 2 years now and it is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Fast, fun to drive, good handling good mechanics. Very reliable and with my silver color and wax it blinds the other drivers. Put tinted windows on it and it looks AMAZING. Seats are uncomfortable for my parents on long drives and the back seat head room is a little low. Wish Nissan put in bose standard but the sound system is good nonetheless.

Engine engine engine. Acceleration, easiness of the A/C and sterio system. Very fun to drive. Looks cool too! Get silver, it looks the best.

Power passenger seat, bose sound system, more head-room in the back seat.

Nissan Maxima SE
By 2003Nissan Maxima

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Problem free car---rides smooth-shifts real easy into drive--driver seating adjustable and comfortable--you must adjust to the turning radius of the car which can easily be done--speed pickup is remarkable when needed-trunk room is morethan generous-have one minor key scratch on trunk to be repaired--cost about $150

Reliability and comfort

Turning radius can be improved