Used 2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Outstanding "Sport" Sedan, Practical!
By Adam

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 2 years left to go in the Army, and I was driving a LOT on weekends (highway) and abusing it during the week, hauling squad members around post. I have a little over 70,000 miles on it, and have just changed the original tires at 65k miles. Everything else is original (including brakes, which look to have about 10,000 miles left on them). The first two years was a lot of highway driving, the last year and a half was normal mixed driving. It's held up extremely well to a hard life of icy winters and scorching summers (Missouri, Florida, and Louisiana). This has been the perfect balance of a "fun to drive" vehicle with a "practical" vehicle.

Four wheel discs with anti-lock and traction control. I was able to get around in some awful ice-storm conditions in Missouri. The steering is well-weighted, and the car feels well- planted with a perceived low center-of- gravity. Mileage has been better than expected, fit and finish have held up well

Less road noise. While not excessive, it's a bit loud for long trips. More stain-resistant upholstery. It's probably "average", but with the abuses of hauling around army gear and other soldiers, the tan fabric seemed to stain easily. A working media-input jack. The button is there, but no jack!

Inexpensive and sporty
By romans

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new to replace my '99 Altima. Much better looking, great handling and brakes, very comfortable and good MPG Engine not very responsive and not much torque, need to keep RPM high to get any power. Had to take it to dealer a couple of times, now it's knocking in front end, so build quality does not match Nissan. High engine RPM at highway speed, needs 6th gear, that would improve mileage as well; I get about 30 MPG in mixed driving and a bit over that on highway. But otherwise reliable and fun to drive

Awesome handling, good seats, 6-cd stereo

Engine needs improvement, needs 6th gear, Mazda needs to improve build quality

Another Zoom-Zoom
By Dr. J.

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car when we gave my wife's 2002 Protege 5 to my granddaughter. My wife loved the 2002, so it was natural to stay with Mazda. The car is extremely fun to drive, and the few times we've had it on the highway, we averaged over 33 miles to the gallon. We've had absolutely no problems whatsoever. In fact, I traded a 2006 Toyota Prius for a 2009 Grand Touring I.

Handling is terrific. Overall quality of the car.

Turning radius needed improving, which they have done. Could have better lumbar support. Drivers position is good for my wife, but somewhat uncomfortable for me.

Great car except for the gas mileage
By poots

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Love the styling and the performance (mainly handling), but can't say we're a big fan of the gas mileage. My wife drives the car almost exclusively to work, which is a ~32 mile roundtrip of 90% highway miles, and we're averaging 25mpg (tires properly inflated, oil changed, air filter changed) on our 36,000 mile Mazda6. The styling is great and it performed well in the snow, which reminds me of one other negative: this car is not meant for snow chains AT ALL. There is almost no clearance between the control arms and the actual tire, so you get A LOT of vibration even at low speed with snow chains. On top of that, the alloy wheels were scratched by the plastic chain connectors.

We love the styling.

Decrease the engine size from 2.4L down to something which allows for better gas mileage.

Great Car, Limited Features
By Cynthia

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This Car was my first "newer" car.Its looks were just amazing. It was sporty yet family friendly. As I have drove the car for the past year i've noticed that it has few features compared to a competition car such as a AUX port and automatic lights. It has also been having popping noise like a motor mount is went out. Its a great comfy car but it seems maybe it needed a little more built into it!

Sleek Look,Lots of Room,Nice Sound system