Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Outstanding Crossover
By Greg

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my CX-9 for almost a year now and we absolutely love it! The only complaint is it could get better MPG (I am averaging about 16 mpg). I researched and test drove about every crossover out there and none felt as good to drive as the CX9. The stereo is awesome, especially the surround sound when playing a DVD. Xenon headlights are great. Anyone who has never been in this car before is surprised how nice it is and can't believe it is a Mazda. The handling and performance are second to none in the crossover segment. The transmission is silky smooth. The GPS with back up camera are great features. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sporty crossover.

Performance/handling-fun to drive. Stereo is awesome. Great Xenon headlights. Back up camera and GPS work great.

Better gas mileage and a automatic MPG calculator to see how well you are doing.

Crossing over to a true Crossover
By Jeff M

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the Mazda CX-9 now for several weeks now and truly enjoying the experience. We purchased the touring over the grand touring based on available features and price. We have been very pleased with the ride and available features Mazda has put into this vehicle. We went from a Suburban to the CX-9 and that was difficult at first because of the difference in interior room. The 9 is built on a truck frame but feels more like driving a car. It's fun to drive and very comfortable. You will be impressed.

Favorite features include the comfort of the leather seats, the room throughout the interior and all the safety features. We enjoy the navigation system, backup camera and how quiet the cabin is while driving. We love the power open/close back door and the ground clearance the truck has.

Items we miss with the 9 are no trip computer/gas/oil life, etc. Surprised there were no auto on/off headlights and auto dimming rear view mirror (available only on the Grand Touring).

Great Value, Fun to drive
By hmendoza

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought the CX-9 last week but been researching CUVs for the last six months and the CX-9 is the best value for the money and is a lot of fun to drive. My wife and I are very happy with it.

Moonroof/Bose, Blind Spot Monitoring system, exterior styling.

Auto locking doors, bigger glove compartment like the Mazda3. trip computer.

What a great CUV
By Jb

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle for my wife, she was looking for a spacious crossover to upgrade from her VW Passat for our 2 active boys. We looked at the Ford Edge, Nissan Murano, and Mazda CX-7. The Edge was just boring to drive, the Murano was our second fav pick, but too pricey and significantly smaller. We were most surprised though about the difference between the CX-7 & the 9. The fit and finish of the 9 seemed significantly better than the 7. Both are fun to drive, the 7 has serious zoom-zoom, but for a bigger vehicle, the 9 does as well. For overall look and utility, the 9 was the hands down winner for us.

Adjustable second row, functioning third row, driveability, fit & finish.

Trip computer (it does have a trip odometer, but doesn't tell you anything else), memory seats for Touring models and up, automatic head lights.

Used CX-9 for family
By Boogs SUV

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle because my wife and I need a bigger car. I had a Toyota Matrix but with a car seat in the back made for a tight fit along with the stroller. We have had this suv for about 3 weeks now and love it. We have no complaints except for gas mileage. But can't do anything about that it's an SUV not a four cylinder. Also big BLIND SPOTS but fixed it with buying a wide rear view mirror.

Lots of room and love that I can seat 7 people if I need too.

How can a six speed vehicle get such bad gas mileage.