2017 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Love the Turbo
By Alfred

2017 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Even though the gas mileage isn't the greatest, I love the Turbo. Ours is a SX AWD and the Turbo really adds a punch to the acceleration. So far so good with the vehicle.

The vehicle of my dreams!
By S. Egan

2017 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My previous car, a 2007 Kia Optima was the best car I'd ever had. Over 10 years, I only had to have normal maintenance expenses, until the last year when I began having electrical issues. I have always wanted an SUV and started looking around. I kept coming back to the Sportage. I finally found one, 1 year old, my favorite color (hyper red) only 30000 miles, and at the right price. After driving a car for so many years, I loved the higher view! And living in Texas where everyone drives an SUV or a pickup truck, I felt safer. I've had my Sportage for 2 months and am really happy with it. Once I found out which shift option I preferred (eco, normal or sport) I found with eco, the car drove smoother and gave me a better ride. Nice that there are built in options. My son prefers driving in the sport mode. I'm still learning how to to optimize the sound system and and dashboard info to suit me. Having the backup camera and rear wiper are extremely helpful! I'm looking forward to next spring and summer and taking a road trip with all my camping gear in the back, maybe even my bike! I'm hoping for as many happy years in this vehicle as my last Kia.

Best suv in class for your money
By Cesar E.Benitez

2017 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

after owning a BMW X5 MBenz ML and traded in a Honda suv its the best suv I have purchase for my money bought. 2017 sportage EX in Aug.2016 , after 2 years of ownership and several road trips not one single complaint or recall a very underrated vehicle in its class and all around for the money . the Korean Porsche !

Love it at the very beginning buuuttt
By Lorenzo

2017 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Transmisión goes to neutral when car in motion. Took it to a dealer. And guess what .have to yell at them before they do something .mechanic reset the values and solve the problem.2 Mont's later same izues this happen when the car reach 5.000k now the car reach 40.000k and the battery died on my twice. Got of the car when to the store. Battery where dead. Try to reach rd side assistance .can't reach them. Have to solve the problem my self .cause have all the groceries and meats in the car. Try to get a driver side mat cause the one in the car has a defect. They said not under warranty .I ask what about the bumper to bumper warranty? They said no .sales man ofer me a exterior paint protection plus interior protection product that it's going to be applied when I purchased the car. 2 Week's after the purchase I Received the products to apply them myself.olso end up Whit standard warranty not the 10yrs or onehundred thousand miles .They offer me a rd hazard program .which I purchased .able to used one's but not twice.this happened at carriage Kia of woodstock ga

Very happy with this car!!!!
By Rich Haj

2017 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Like others, I was a little Leary of buying a Kia. After test driving the Ford Escape, Mazda 5 and Hyundai Tucson, I knew I preferred the Kia. The Sportage exterior is a little different, but the interior is where this car shines. So quiet, comfortable, and great use of quality materials. I like the transmission and engine combo. I rented a jeep Compass to pick up my new car. The Cvt transmission in the Compass was awful. I would like to rate the dealer, but I have not had a reason to go, even after 17k has been put on the car. No issues other than 5k oil changes and regular maintenance. This car has been completely trouble free. The pano sunroof is fantastic. A/C is working great. Big fan of Kia!!!!