Used 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Great vehicle, but lousy tires
By GreenWoodTurner

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

In general, this is a great vehicle with awesome power and better than expected H/W mileage. Jeep blew it, though with the tires. We've sliced (and destroyed) 2 tires on easy gravel roads! No one sells better 18" tires. Will have to downsize to 17" in order to get better off road tires. Chrome-clad wheels on an off road vehicle is dumb ... they chip easily. My wife freaks now when we drive on any sort of rough road. Jeep's reputation has been tarnished in my book!

Backup camera, hemi engine, seats, satellite radio

Don't advertise a Jeep as being an off road vehicle, and then build it so it is not! This model is really just a glamorized road vehicle. Middle seat in back is almost unusable, because the fold down arm rest has no padding.

Will see
By Bryan M

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the Laredo 3.7 ltr yesterday. Am a loyal Chevy man. Wife wanted to try the Jeep. Initial driving seems nice. Back seat area seems to be a little tight. Doesn't seem to be as solid as the Chevy Equinox. Nice looking vehicle. Time will tell for me though. Rated it as 5's in all categories for now. Will rate again as time goes on.

styling

more room in back seat area

Purchased for Safety
By Steve S.

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2010 Grand Cherokee 'E' model with 21,016 miles with a rwd 3.7 liter V6. I have never seen so many standard features that would options on other non Jeeps. The A/C is cold, the transmission shifts smoothly and when it shifts it is quick with no lag. With the a/c on in stop and go traffic I average 14 mpg. I have not had it on the highway long enough to measure the mpg but hope to do so soon. I also have a 2002 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7 liter V6. This engine is durable and dependable and sounds like a small V8. If you are looking for a fuel sipper, go somewhere else. If you want a safe vehicle you can depend on get a real Jeep.

I like all the standard electronics like the programmable computer on gas mileage, temperature,compass digital display, the six speaker stereo & cold a/c. I also purchased a lifetime warranty. I keep cars about 14 + years and things like water pumps, alternators will wear out.

I'm not sure if a six speed will work on this type vehicle but it sounds nice for fuel economy. Jeep does need to improve on fuel economy, everything else is great.

Auto Off Lights
By Bamalady

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my only disappointment with my first Jeep. The auto off for lights is not standard and cannot be added. I haven't had to pay attention to turning off lights for YEARS. This could have been a deal breaker if I had realized prior to purchase.

loving the Media center but want to have ability to play videos while moving for passengers. And hope it is not trouble in the future

Auto light turnoff standard.

My third Grand Cherokee
By naughty0519

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Limited with the 5.7 Ltr hemi (not an option in the Edmunds drop down menu). After owning a '95 and '99, decided to go back to my old friend. So glad I did!

Winter weather handling, exterior styling, 2-tone leather seats, seat comfort, acceleration w/Hemi engine, smooth quiet ride, rear view camera and warning when you get too close top object, Uconnect blue tooth, memory seats, storage compartments, cargo space, telescoping steering wheel, remote start

Make dual-climate controls electronic, gas mileage is rated at 19 MPG highway but I'm getting 15.5 MPG with mostly highway driving, add more space between driver's seat and storage compartment in driver-side door, add rear seat leg room