Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Good Used 95
By MeLuvJeep

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

The 95 is my 3rd Grand Cherokee Ltd, white, pillow leather, moonroof that has over 100K mi and still going strong. The interior is beautiful. I know my Jeeps and have purchased a new 94 and new 03. The older generation were better build with less reliabiltiy issues. The 95 Jeep only weigh 3800 lbs without me! That's 2000 lbs less than many other SUV's and 1500 lbs less than the new jeeps. The Outland package has 3" lift, Bilstein gas shocks, skidpads up front, transmission, around gas tank and with a comfortable ride! The tow package adds big radiator, high amp alternator, transmission cooler and stronger gears for higher reliability! Quadra-trac 4x4 goes anywhere!

Interior pillow leather! Infinity sound system! Moonroof! Comfortable ride! Compact size with Swiss Army knife unility! 22-24 mpg highway w/V8!

Change transmission, transfer case and differential oils to synthetic. Adds 2-4 mpg! Quality aftermarket brake rotors and ceramic pads! Change thermostat to 175, adds 20 hp and 1-2 mpg. Don't let anyone change differential seal! ...or get a ring and pinion reset for $750. New Walker Cat

A Forever Friend
By marcy hudson

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I am actually sad as I move towards replacing my first Jeep (Grand Cherokee) after our 12 years together! I purchased this vehicle for a move to Northern Minnesota and it has proved to be a fabulous investment. It has performed wonderfully on my many trips and adventures, on-road and off, and is as beloved to my friends and child as it is to me. It saved my life when I spun off an icy highway and landed on a mound of snow unscathed. My Jeep braved a record cold winter (dipping to 60 degrees below zero) without missing a beat and has never failed to get me to my destination. In the past, I was in and out of the shop with a fussy luxury import. Now, I am a "Jeep" girl!

As quirky as this sounds, the Jeep has what I think are the best cupholders in the business! Believe me, when you are on the road as much as I am, this is an essential feature!

Extra cupholders, especially in the side and rear! Might also be nice to add a bit more storage up front to hold items for the driver.

Jeeps are the greatest vehicles on earth
By geer

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I think the Grand Cherokee is great. I can do maintenance on it easy. I don't do all that off roading type stuff. But I did put a hitch and a roof rack on my Jeep. I also drove it across the country many times. The spare tire is a real tire with the same rim. The only draw back from this ride is that the miles per gallon is a little low. But what do you expect from a SUV. To be able to change it for trips as far as seating and loading items is also a plus. Buy Jeep always!

Heated mirrors, rear mirror turns bright lights green from drivers behind me, powered everything, cpu that tells me average mpg, eco mpg, miles till fill up, temp, and trip miles and time driving. I also like the durability and ruggedness of it. It is a unisex vehicle that me or my wife look good in!

Increase mpg ratio. CD/tape player that plays mp3s, ac power, spare fog light lenses, extra Jeep logs for Jeep fans, tweeters in the back seat and a subwoofer to go with that Infiniti that came with my beautiful Jeep. Those window covers so you can crack your window and rain will not get on you.

95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0
By Joe

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased used with 60K+. Mileage now is 106k. It seemed after the 100k. it was one thing after another. However most was minor. The one major problem that I had was violent shaking and bouncing and the worst part was when I took it in, the problem could not be replicated. Finally a local mechanic put an off road steering dampener on! Problem solved. Before this the dealership replaced; stock steering dampener, front shocks and a motor mount. So if your having that shimmy SHAKE SHAKE... off road steering dampener.

The memories.

I feel the off road steering dampener is addressing the symptoms of weaker causes. What are they and how can they be fixed.

Great winter and long trip car
By Jeepers

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Loved my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Took comfortable long trips in it. Mileage really increased on the highway.

Sitting up high. Not too hard for people to get into. Easy access to kids.

Extra wheel in trunk area a waste of space.